This solution is ranked
in What are the best novels about sex addictsRead user opinions
in What are the best 18th-century romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books that have duke in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about unrequited loveRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books of all timesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for college studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books set in Georgian EraRead user opinions
in What are the best adult books about marriageRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses)
- "I love to read 18th-century romance books. I found out about A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses). This is an amazing romance novel by Eloisa James. It's the 6th book in the Desperate Duchesses series, which I absolutely adore. I love the characters and interactions they have. The romance is so dreamy. I really recommend this for all romance novel lovers."
- "I wasn't fond of this book overall. The story is interesting but I didn't find the character development impactful. There is room for so much more in that regard. The romance part of the story was nice as it's quite historical in nature and it was entertaining. I just believed that it could have been so much more than what it was. ""This is easily one of the higher quality historical romance books. Lots of naughty imagery is portrayed through out. The main characters having royal blood and occupying high social status makes it especially fun and fanciful. With Dukes and debauchery, this romance book tantalized my imagination."
- "A Duke of Her Own is one of those touchy, feel-y, makes you feel good type books. Almost a page from Cinderella, actually, if you consider the cover art. It revolved around having to have a quick wedding and a suitable woman must be found. This is the quest. Overall, pretty good, but not really my type of book. But, if you're a fan of fairy tales and love ever-after, this might be for you."
- "I just finished reading A Duke of Her Own and I have to say it was fabulous. This is the 6th book in the Desperate Duchesses series and so far the best I have read. I am loving this series and I think that you will too. This is a story about a hasty marriage with the daughter of the Duke of Gilner. There are some spicy bits in the story and it kept me on the edge of my seat. Highly recommended!"
- "The cheesy bedroom details seem to go hand in hand when using words like Duke and betroths! This is a quick steamy read that doesn't provoke much thought. It was a good distracting book to bring on vacation!"
- "A Duke of Her Own is a good book dealing with the topic of marriage. The book is insightful and entertaining, with good lessons along the way. The characters are great, and the story is intriguing but easy to follow. This book is full of love, laughter, pain, and forgiveness that anyone can enjoy."
- "I have always been a romance book junkie, thank you mom! Lately I've been reading more and more historical romance books for a slight change of pace. A Duke of Her Own (Desperate Duchesses) is definitely the best I have read so far. It's a very good read that will not leave you disappointed!"