This solution is ranked
in What are the best books for science fiction fansRead user opinions
in What are the best novels dealing with first contact with aliensRead user opinions
in What are the best space opera booksRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a technological singularity themeRead user opinions
in What are the best Sci-fi books with swords and lasersRead user opinions
in What are the best hard science fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction anthology booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books for all agesRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction novels from 1980 to 1990Read user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about A Fire Upon The Deep (Zones of Thought)
- "Even though i am not a big fan of science fiction, this book may seem of little interest due to the fact that involoves captivity and the mission carried on to rescue the captives. This story also talks about a space where only simple creatures and technology functions. I would say this would be a so-so kind of book for me."
- "A Fire Upon The Deep (Zones of Thought) is a very good space opera or space drama book. The characters are very interesting and I found the story line itself to be very gripping. The ending of this book is very good as well and I could not put this book down once I started to get to the end of it. "
- "This book certainly sets itself up for a smash hit sequel. The writing style is fantastic, you think you know where the story takes you and then it sends you into an entirely different direction. The description of the environment is what really caught my attention. It has my imagination running wild with beautiful landscapes, mountains, caves, rivers, and much more! Great choice if you're into sci-fi books, definitely pick it up."
- "Vernor Vinge has crafted another highly imaginative epic which will challenge your conceptions of mind and space.I found this to be a very well written tale; the characters and the plot are extremely interesting. It took me awhile to get my bearings around the central premise of the novel, which deals with levels of intelligence and the distance from the galactic core. It is also a story of good and evil. It's a worthwhile read."
- "A fire upon the deep didn't really do much for me. I've read a lot of sci-fi in my day, and I had a difficult understanding what, exactly, his characters are even. The way that they are alluded to confuses me to no end. I stopped reading about a quarter in."