This solution is ranked
in What are the best books involving male pregnancyRead user opinions
in What are the best YA male to male romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about gay relationshipRead user opinions
in What are the best male to male romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best gay romance novels for homosexualsRead user opinions
in What are the best gay steamy romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best crime thrillers with gay charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal books for biracial readersRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with a male protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about two menRead user opinions
in What are the best royal gay romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for gay couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best sadistic gay romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fun reads for gaysRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about gay romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books with gay vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best gay main character fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best shapeshifter books with gay charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best gay novels to read when boredRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with a gay protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best books for gaysRead user opinions
in What are the best gay romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about A Shadow of Wings
- "This paranormal genre book was refreshing in that it did not use vampires or werewolves as main characters. This unusual story introduces Cam, a shapeshifter called cockatrice, who rescues Dylan in his human form. From there, their loving relationship builds. When Dylan finds out about Cam’s true nature, he is scared at first but his love for him does not change. All in all, a good original read."
- "This story is so original. It touches on the deep aspects of the human soul but especially will resonate with those that feel they are abandoned or do not fit in. The uplifting elements of the book were sweet as was the love story."
- "Thrown out on the street by his homophobic stepfather, Dylan struggles to get his life together. Years of being used and abused have left him tough and determined to make it on his own. When he sees a dog getting beaten, his protective instincts drive him to rescue her. But as the attackers turn on Dylan, out of the shadows comes a hero. One with mysterious eyes and a shy sensuality Dylan can’t resist. Cam Coburn can’t reveal his true identity to the man he rescues. Nor can he reveal that he’s a freak among freaks, a cockatrice shifter with an unwanted gift for seeking out conflict rather than treasure. Newly independent from his mentor, Cam sees in Dylan his first chance to test the limits of his human guise. Defying every rule, Cam succumbs to Dylan’s seduction for just one night. But Cam finds he can’t let his lover go, and Dylan breaks down every barrier. For he is the one human who can gaze in a cockatrice’s eyes without fear. Yet even as their bond deepens, danger closes in on them from all sides, and Cam’s dark secrets may save them—or lead to their destruction."
- "This is a very different and interesting romance novel. It's a fun fantasy that makes you forget if you were having a bad day.""A friend recommended this book. I honestly do not know what they were thinking. This does not fit anywhere in my library."
- "Gay love stories aren't very popular. This book is about a guy who struggles to find acceptance by his family and decided to move on. A situation occurs where he meets someone like him, someone who he can relate to. The book is well written and has a sweet love story."
- "While I am glad someone came along side of this person and saved him, I am not really sure why books need to turn into a romantic novel of the same gender. It is giving people the wrong idea of what romance should be about. It can only be bought thru kindle unlimited, which seems like a great idea, however, it should actually be free instead of charging someone to read this."
- "A Shadow of Wings is an interesting and original fantasy book. The story is creative and unique and has memorable characters. I was a bit dissatisfied about the pacing of the story, which starts off slow and finishes with a flurry all at once. Overall, an unusual but heartwarming tale."
- "I'm not a huge fan of shifter books but someone recommended this to me and it was very creative and original. It was not your run of the mill shifter book and really kept my attention!"
- "A Shadow of Wings is unique and at the same time the story is unusual. It is not your typical paranormal story. The plot kept me engaged the whole time and I found I could not put the book down. Cam and Dylan's relationship is very well developed and I would love to see a sequel book. "
- #24 of 51
in What are the best books for gays
There are no comments yet!
- "I wouldn't call this a book for "all" -- but if you enjoy the paranormal it's probably worth your time. It was heartwarming to read about Dylan's struggles with his dad and how it eventually made him a stronger person, but the story could have ended there for me... I wasn't interested in the otherworldly aspects at all.""I wanted to read a sex/romance novel that was out of the ordinary so I picked this book up. Overall it was just Ok. A bit of sloppy writing/editing and just couldn't hold my attention as I hoped it would."