This solution is ranked
in What are the best George R.R. Martin booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy tales for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best supernatural fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books with good character developmentRead user opinions
in What are the best popular fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best sword and sorcery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best dark fantasy book seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels by Grimdark AllianceRead user opinions
in What are the best thick booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with badass charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books set in medieval timesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that are over 800 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that are over a 1000 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire)
- "I was curious about the best books written by George R.R. Martin, as he has become so popular for Game of Thrones. A Storm of Swords seems like it definitely qualifies as one of his best books. It is highly rated and seems like a really interesting plot. I will definitely check it out."
- "I'd never heard of this series of books before the television show came out. Man, I had no idea what I was missing. "A Storm of Swords" is actually my favorite out of all of them, one I've read three or four times by now. Unlike the prior two books, which felt like a lot of plot and world building, everything comes together in this one. Characters begin to show real growth, and we start to see the consequences of various decisions. Would highly recommend this book, and the series as a whole, to anyone who enjoys well-written, complex, dark fantasy. These books really are the gold standard."
- "If you love to read dark fantasy book series than you have to read A Storm of Swords because it's one of the best. I love all of George R.R. Martin's books but this one is my favorite. It's the third book of the series and it keeps you entertained the whole way through. "
- #9 of 14
in What are the best thick books
- "Recently, I'd been talking to a friend about a good fantasy book to get for my kids to read to foster their imaginations, and they suggested A Storm of Swords. Seeing as a how I'm highly protective of my kids (a "helicopter parent", if you will), I decided try reading the book for myself first, and whoa boy - this book is absolutely not okay for kids. It features lots of sex, violence, strong coarse language, and other things that I do not approve of. I think maybe if you're an adult you might enjoy it, but if you too are looking for a book for kids, stay far away from this one."
- "I've always liked longer books, they're usually full of material for me to get immersed in while reading. I usually aim for 800 or more, this seems to offer enough of a story to keep me entertained. This book hwoever goes over and beyond what I want and its' great. This book is over 1200 pages long and it's by George R.R. Martin a very common household name now."
- #30 of 142
in What are the best fantasy novels"The Song of Ice and Fire series is one of the best fantasies ever written and A Storm of Swords is no exception. It's long and detailed but you won't want to put it down because it completely draws you in. This is the book to convert anyone who thinks they don't like fantasy novels!"