This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance novels turned into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with untraditional endingRead user opinions
in What are the best love and hate relationship booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction novels for Christian womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books-to-inspire-cancer-patientsRead user opinions
in What are the best heartbreaking and tragic romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books taking place during summerRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with cancer conflictRead user opinions
in What are the best YA romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books similar to Sarah Dessen's worksRead user opinions
in What are the best clean contemporary romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best tear-jerker young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult fiction books about cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for fast readersRead user opinions
in What are the best and favorite romance novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a better movie adaptationRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dangerous bad boy leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romances with a bad boy characterRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels set in the 1950sRead user opinions
in What are the best tearjerker romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books tackling about the end timesRead user opinions
in What are the best books about sad romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books with tragic endingsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about dealing with cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best women's fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Nicholas Sparks booksRead user opinions
in What are the best chick lit novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about A Walk to Remember
- "I'm a sucker for romance movies as well as reading. I read A Walk to Remember so I figured I should watch the movie. The movie is a little bit different from the book, but I like it nonetheless. There were a couple changes in the movie from the book that I wish they put in the movie, but overall it wasn't bad at all."
- "When I first noticed that A Walk To Remember was a book, and not only a movie, you can imagine I was more than thrilled. I absolutely loved the movie and it was the movie I always turn to when I need a good cry. I immediately looked at the reviews posted online. I was sadden to notice that there were a lot of mixed reviews regarding the differences between the movie and the book. So, I was hesitant to buy and read it, because I didn't want to end up not enjoying the story and the way it was written. I waited about three weeks before I gave in and ordered it. I read it all in one siting (which isn't that much of an achievement, considering it is only 200 pages long). I loved the story. I liked how in the movie, they made it their own and did change the way the characters, especially Jamie, was depicted. I came to notice that although they are about the same story, they have their differences and it isn't fair to compare them. I think if you stop comparing them, you will see how great of a book it truly is. It made me cry and laugh and feel all sorts of emotions, I haven't sorted out yet. Long story short, read the book. It is amazing and you will be glad you did. "
- "A Walk to Remember is one of my favorite movies from many years ago and prompted me to try out the Novel and lets say I am more impressed even with the book than the movie. It is heart wrenching and tragic in ways the movie cannot touch so if you liked the movie you will love the book."
- "This is a classic young adult romance book. Heartbreakingly sad, but resonates with the younger crowd very well."
There are no comments yet!
- "To be honest I had very low expectations for this book. I had seen the movie based on the book and hated it. Luckily the book was WAY better than the movie and boy did it hit my emotions hard. I sobbed during the part where Landon realizes that HE was the miracle the whole time. This book knows how to tug on the heart strings and is a book that will bring the tears.""There's a reason why Nicholas Sparks is a popular author, and that's because he's good at what he does. It says a lot when more than one of your books are made into movies, and popular ones at that! I think A Walk to Remember is a perfect tear-jerker for young adults. "
- "Nicholas Sparks has mastered the ultra-romantic book-turn-movie genre. There is not a story of his that doesn't make me cry. Especially, A Walk to Remember, where the young female lead reveals she isn't making any plans for the future because she is suffering from cancer. Cue the water-works."
- "Reading the book that one of my favorite romance movies was based on has been really enjoyable. The story of Landon and Jamie's romance is so beautiful and just fills my heart with joy. It's a pretty fast-paced book to read and I highly recommend it if you liked the movie."
There are no comments yet!
- "Go to Costco and get a jumbo size kleenex package, because you're going to need it! I won't spoil the story, but let's just say this is one that you will think about well after you're done reading it. After reading the book, then watch the movie to finish up that kleenex box! "
- "Will never get tired of reading this book. I have been re-reading once every year. It has made me cry like ugly cry. I was hoping this will have a happy ending but no it had a tragic ending which will break your heart. And yeah i also watched the movie adaptation of this book which also made me cry buckets of tears. "
There are no comments yet!
- "This book was pretty terrible and I regret my decision to read it. The emotional scenes were so forced and hard to read through. The dialogue was bad as well and made me believe I could do better. The book played out more like a fantasy than a real life situation and it was worse because of it. I struggled to hold interest in the book and almost gave up reading it, but my friend for some reason loved it, so I willed through it. I read a chapter or two every night before bed and it was excruciating. This is definitely not one of Nicholas Sparks's best efforts."