This solution is ranked
in What are the best sci-fi books for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best children and YA books from the 80's and earlierRead user opinions
in What are the best classic fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Madeleine L'Engle in chronological orderRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read series for children ages 6 to 12Read user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi and fantasy books with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for middle schoolersRead user opinions
in What are the best clean books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi books with female main charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best kids Science Fiction talesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for sixth-grade childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books for twelve-year-old kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 12 and 13 year old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books according to AmazonRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read children's books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read after Harry PotterRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books for tweens and teensRead user opinions
in What are the best science-fiction or fantasy books with feminist themeRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian classic books for fourth gradersRead user opinions
in What are the best tween fiction for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian science-fiction and fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best magical books for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels with fictional journeyRead user opinions
in What are the best time travel books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for teenagersRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction books by female authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best traditional books for middle school readersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with beautiful titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read science-fiction and fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Books to read nextRead user opinions
in What are the best Classic books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best non-romance novels with female protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with strange storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books on AmazonRead user opinions
in What are the best famous fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best read aloud chapter booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for 2018 according to EsquireRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by American womenRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for eleven-year-old kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best banned or challenged booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFJ personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best Children's fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books assigned for schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books from my childhoodRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi novels with female protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books ideal for all agesRead user opinions
in What are the best Sci-Fi and fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best Books for teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best American novels adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet)
- "No boys allowed, haha! A Wrinkle in Time is a great book in a great series for young girls! A lot of science fiction isn't really inclusive for girls, having boy characters with boy problems. This is a book about a girl and for girls, and it's nice to see science fiction be inclusive in that regard. This book is a great way to introduce some equality and inclusiveness to the genre and engage young girl readers. Buy it!"
- "I have not yet read the book, but the movie version for this book has fairly mixed reviews, but mostly bad reviews. Although, I am not one of those people that seriously compare both the book and the movie directly, I would say all the good reviews of this book is simply worth trusting for and I would love to read this one soon."
- "I need to figure out which books are best to encourage imagination in my daughter, but a website like Amazon.com is too confusing to provide conclusive evidence for my search. While Amazon.com does offer interesting information about the book as well as an easy solution to buying needs, it doesn't necessarily give any indication that "A Wrinkle in Time" is a better book than any other science fiction piece featuring strong female characters. I need to decide which books are the best books to give to my daughter to encourage her to grow up to be strong and creative. Reviews on the site seem a bit skewed in such a way that I'm encouraged to buy books that I probably wouldn't otherwise. I need a site that gives me more comparative information."
- "A Wrinkle in Time seems to transport one to the world of the ethiral and magic kingdom. It is replete with vivid imagination and exploration. Once you pick the book up and begin to read, you never want to put it down until you've reached the end. Once at the end, you never want it to stop, that's a magnificent a story, well written, it is."
- "I had read this book when I was a kid, but picked it up on a whim recently when I did a month of reading women writers, and I was delighted again by it. As an adult, you can enjoy aspects of it that probably went over your head when you were younger -- especially the simply superb descriptive writing. An the characterization is really wonderful."
- "I'm trying to get my daughter interested in more than just teeny romance books, so I searched for some kids Science Fiction tales. This one was perfect since the movie has just come out and we could go see it in theaters once she was finished. She loved the book more than the movie. Score!"
There are no comments yet!
- "A Wrinkle in Time is frequently pointed to as a classic example of a book that caused a lot of controversy that we today might find silly. At the time it was written, however, it was a brave exercise in pushing the envelope of societal norms in art and literature. For that reason, I believe any literary fan would say you owe it to L'Engle and freethinkers everywhere to give it a read and widen your perspective given your age; you'll be all the smarter for it later in life."
- "I think overall this book does sound interesting and I feel there are several potential plot twists that could happen here. The feedback is very positive and I noticed this particular novel is in the works of becoming a "Major motion picture", as well. Clearly stating it is also influential. "
There are no comments yet!
- "This solution does solve the above problem, as the main character faces adversities she has to overcome. Because the main character is also a tween, girls her age can relate to her quest and feel just as empowered as the main character when she succeeds in her quest."
- "Before the horrendous movies based on it, there was the Wrinkle In Time series. Yes, there's an underlying Christian theme, but it's not too much. In fact, the twins have sex with angels back in Biblical times, making it much more racy than the usual Christian scifi fare, but obviously, not nearly as racy as what's in the Bible itself. One of my favorite series, helping me stay away from conforming to, like, what society expects, man."
- "This is a great book series for young readers who are just starting off in the fantasy genre. Madeleine L'Engle does a great job of describing the world that the main characters inhabit. It easy to pick this book up and be lost in what your imagination creates. This is a series of books that won't take long for a young child to finish because they will be so enthralled. "
- "As long as you don't watch the movie adaptation for this novel, A Wrinkle in Time never disappoints whoever seem to be interested in its story. I was recommended to read this book my good friend and somehow was quite satisfied with it, I would slightly say, yes, this is a must read."
- "Usually the "It was a dark and stormy night" is ironic. That was before it was used to death, which back in 1963, was still the case. It was also before all the characters were "diversified" to be politically correct. My imagination traveled so far with this. It's sad what Hollywood has taken this book and now done with it."
- "A Wrinkle in Time was a favorite of mine when I am younger. Though I am not always a great fan of movies based on books, if for no other reason, typically it is a matter of there simply not being enough time to do the book justice. However, though I have not seen the movie, thus cannot comment, I'm glad for the fact that it has at least brought this book into focus once again. I enjoyed reading it again, after giving it to my daughter and letting her read if for the first time. It definitely is a 'best book'."
- "I remember when I was 16 or so I received a copy of this book from my mother's friend. She knew I enjoyed adventure books and told me how perfect this book was. Immediately upon reading it I was whisked into the tale of Meg Murry. I formed such a deep connection with many of the characters and every twist and turn on the book was like a rush of adrenaline through my veins. This is definitely a novel for avid readers."
- "While I did find the book hard to put down, I felt that the characters were underdeveloped and the plot too rushed. I know it's received awards and lots of people like it, so I thought I'd give it a go. I know it is for youngish kids, so for them it might be fine, but I just wanted more"
- "This was my favorite book when I was younger. I've read this book front to back maybe 10 times as a kid. I didn't have many friends when I was growing up and this book took me away to different planets and made me feel like I was part of a group of friends on an adventure. It made me feel like even the quietest kid could do awesome things and go on grand adventures."
- "Meg Murry and her brother, Charles, are home with their mother one night when a stranger comes to their door. Looking unearthly and homeless, they are startled by his presence. The book goes on to teach the reader valuable life lessons about kindness and empathy through a Christian pespeective which can be put to use by everyone in daily dealings with others."
- "I loved A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet) during my junior high schooling. I have witnessed how A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet) has made my little ones more active, independent readers. I do believe that A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet) is the best must-read book from my childhood."
- "This is one of the best books I read as a teenager. It's fascinating, gripping, and will stick out in their mind for the rest of their lives."
- "This is a classic "fantasy" book written for young adults, before there ever was a genre called "YA". It is an introduction to science fiction in the most imaginative fashion. The author, Madeleine L'Engle, was able to take the most advanced scientific-philosophical thought of the first half of the 1900s and write an engaging tale that incorporated it. This book IS a "best books for teenage girls", and will set those readers on a path of inquiry and discovery into the very foundations of their reality."
- #40 of 142
in What are the best fantasy novels"This is the kind of book you can read over and over and you will always find new little details about the story that will keep you entertained. I have read this with my daughter a few times and we both have developed a deep connection to the characters. People of all ages should read this book at least once, but chances are they will want to experience the story again and again. "