This solution is ranked
in What is the best fiction with feminist themesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with cross-dresser charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a heroine disguised as a boyRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books based on PaganismRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books featuring a magical healerRead user opinions
in What are the best adventure fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books that start with the letter aRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books set in medieval timesRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi and fantasy books with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with adventure and magicRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for pre-teen girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best science-fiction or fantasy books with feminist themeRead user opinions
What the community says about Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness)
There are no comments yet!
There are no comments yet!
- "This was the first book I ever picked out at the library and it opened my world to reading like I had never thought possible. Before this book I hated reading. Having dyslexia made it hard to read aloud and children can be mean. It was the worst part of school. Alanna made her into my heart and captivated me. I memorized every word until I could read it out loud as if I had no learning disabilities whatsoever. Soon I realized if I could do it with one book I could do it with every book. And so my love of reading began. Now I write my own books. You have no idea how much this book and all of your others have meant to me. Thank you"
- "When it comes to adventure and fictional books, I feel like there are already a lot of options for the said category. Being considered one of the best adventure type fictional book says a lot and to me, the book kind of fits but it won't be mentioned by a lot of suggestions by other people, I still feel like this is absolutely worth reading."
- "Fun read aloud for bedtime for the kiddies. Both boys and girls will enjoy this. As it's a series, you can keep the story going."
- "As a woman I love reading about strong women. Sci-fi/Fantasy is one of my favorite genres but there's really a lack of strong female characters in that genre. I recently read "Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness)" which does in fact have one of the strongest female leads that I've read about in quite a while. I was really impressed with all of her actions and loved the whole thing!"
- "Alanna: The First Adventure (Song of the Lioness) is one of my favorites. I first read this series when I was about 10. Actually my mother read it to me. It was an instant favorite and it has stuck with me enough to purposely seek it out 15 years later. It is a great story about perseverance, courage, heart and it really helped shape me as a woman. I highly recommend it to anyone. "