This solution is ranked
in What are the best self help books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for the Lenten SeasonRead user opinions
in What are the best devotional books for AdventRead user opinions
in What are the best books on Christian worship and faithRead user opinions
in What are the best therapy books for depressed peopleRead user opinions
in What are the best books to cope with addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best self-help books for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read during LentRead user opinions
in What are the best books for suicidal peopleRead user opinions
in What are the best classic Christian books for 5th gradesRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian books for menRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless classic books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for Christian thinkersRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best christian booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for ChristiansRead user opinions
What the community says about Anchored in Light
- "This book covers some of the most important conflicts that come into a faith-strengthened life. It presents the problems with spiritual solutions in a way that helps Christians to live faithful Christian lives. Probably one of the more advanced Christian books since it deals with spirituality and not just preaching."
- "Anchored in Light is a must-read book for the Lenten Season, it really delves deep into the culture that is slipping away from us. Having been raised as Catholic, I was aware of Lent and a few of the nuances, and then I moved to New Orleans, where Lenten is more deeply rooted in the culture, but I was still unaware of the many nuances until I read this book. A real eye-opener and a guide to preserving faith traditions."
- "Those who are looking into books about devotion and faith will definitely want to read this book. Anchored in Light tells you about everything that is threatening the community of faith today and shows you the keys to a positive life as well. This is an amazing book and you will see life differently and in a more positive manner after you finish it!"
- "This looks to be a fairly well written book for those looking for Christian literature. This explores how to stay strong in your faith, and should be a great choice for anyone who is a devout Christian, probably regardless of the denomination. They will be likely to find some value in this."
- "This is a really good book for Christians wanting to refresh their relationship with God and live a more faithful life. However, it's not directly about coping with addiction. Since faith and addiction recovery are often connected, there is definitely a link, but again, it's not ostensibly about coping with addiction. If someone is looking for a book dealing directly with addiction, this is definitely not it. If someone wants a book about faith that is broadly applicable to life and challenges, this one is great."
- "This book is descriptive of today reality, problems and challenges. It is worthy reading this book because i am sure that after reading it you will see the world in a different point of view, and you can solve life problem easier than before, and be more optimistic about life. "
- "Anchored in Light: Understanding and Overcoming the Five Deadliest Threats to Your Faith, written by Carl Prude Jr. looks at faith in relationship to the culture today and expresses that there really is a black and white to faith. A good book if you're looking for someone to tell you how to live your life."
- "For those of us strong in the faith, it can be difficult to find a book that speaks to our morals. It seems that most books are focused on the culture wars or the most controversial topics. But without having something as essential as faith, none of the other things matter. This book is great in that it recognizes human beings are fallen, and we make mistakes. Our faith will be constantly tested and sometimes we will fail that test, but this book will help you guard yourself and be ready when the time comes. It will make you analyze your faith on a much deeper level."
- "Mr. Prude is an excellent writer. I was drawn in from the very first page by his raw and conversational style. He is writing about a topic very real and vital to him and that communicates into a book that carries his zeal in its pages. Many writers of his generation could learn from his style. That being said I struggled at certain points with the topic of his inspiration. This book is marketed as the 5 major problems of faith in this generation which is a hugely subjective statement. I have been where Mr. Prude was, struck by a beautiful distillation of principles of faith in the midst of tragedy. In that time I sought to show everyone around me the importance of what I was learning and one of my brothers showed me that I was trying to solve everyone's problems with my own solutions. I felt as though Mr. Prude is doing the same here. I enjoyed this book, I only wish it were couched in terms of reflection."
- #49 of 81
in What are the best christian books"This book seems to written by someone who's ego is so big he can't believe that anyone else may have a good idea as well. His way is the right way and there can be no other way. Only read if you share the same faith as the author or you will be annoyed. "