This solution is ranked
in What are the best lesbian fiction for teens and young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for lesbian BFF'sRead user opinions
in What are the best books with lesbian Mom charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best adventure books with lesbiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books for adult lesbiansRead user opinions
in What are the best happy ending teen lesbian booksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic novels with lesbiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books with lesbian charactersRead user opinions
What the community says about At Seventeen
- "Though well written and a sweet story, it was rather formulaic. However, if it is the type of book one enjoys, it is very well done. The characters are surprisingly well developed, though not as complex as one would hope. Motivations are a bit of a trope trap, but overall, a decent read."
- "This doesn't fit the bill. It's a great book about lesbian romance, but there is no lesbian Mom as far as I remember. If you want a good book overall, read it..if you are looking specifically for a lesbian mother character, look elsewhere."
- "I wanted to read a interesting novel to help myself sympathize with my niece who is lesbian. I thought this would be a good drama novel for it. The book was very entertaining although seemed to have a lot of stereotypes in it.""This book is highly rated and on sale. Additionally it's pretty popular. However, it seems less geared towards adventure, and more centered on romance."
- "This book is really for young adults - perhaps people struggling with their sexuality. It's an honest book, showcasing the trials and tribulations of LGBT people. I would recommend it to anyone who finds the topic interesting."
- "Alot of the fiction out there can be very depressing and dry. What we have here is a nice wholesome story with a happy ending and a diverse cast of characters. The story is wonderfully simply and your heart will be warmed by the end."
- "Sometimes life takes us places we never thought we'd go, and this enjoyable story follows the road of unrequited love between two women, both afraid to take a chance that maybe, just maybe, following their heart might finally start them on the journey they have both been waiting all their lives to take. Well written, good storyline development and very close to truth with some of the decisions and thought processes one makes when leaving a marriage, coming to terms with sexuality and the courage needed to make a complete change. All in all a very enjoyable read!"
- "I am always looking for books to read that touch on strong, emotional bursts of description. At Seventeen seems to fit the bill very well. I love the fact that it is almost like a Romeo and Juliet situation. Then on top of that, this is a lesbian book, so it touches gently on the times of today (with all of the LGBTQ movements going on)."