This solution is ranked
in What are the best essential graphic novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best Batman comics to start withRead user opinions
in What are the best superhero graphic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Batman graphic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best comic books of the Batman seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best comic books of all timesRead user opinions
in What are the best comic books featuring Poison IvyRead user opinions
What the community says about Batman: The Long Halloween
- AnonymousWritten on May 9, 2018"I have long been a fan of comics, but this book seemed to transcend the genre. I was enthralled by the story line, and enjoyed it greatly. "
- AnonymousWritten on April 15, 2019"This is one of the first cases that Batman worked on during his early career when we see him take on more villains from the petty criminals that he has dealt with so far. This is also the story where we see Harvey Dent transform into Two-Face."
- AnonymousWritten on February 23, 2018"As far as Comic Novels go, this is average at best, but it is among the better Batman graphic novels. Still waiting for an outstanding Batman novel, but this one is pretty solid. If only the novels were as good as the books, but they seemingly are just average at best. "
- AnonymousWritten on April 8, 2019"Apart from the incredible art style being used here, this graphic novel's significance lies in the telling of Harvey Dent's transformation into Two-Face and how even the noblest of individuals can be corrupted in so many ways."
- AnonymousWritten on May 7, 2018"I love The Long Halloween. The serial killer who is the focus of Batman's search is one of the best villains of any genre. I also love the tie-in to Two Face. "
- AnonymousWritten on April 3, 2018"I bought this book for my son. He said he really liked it, and really enjoyed reading. The only complaint I have is that it took almost a week longer then I was initially told to receive it. Otherwise, the book was really very good."
- AnonymousWritten on March 31, 2017"Yes, I'm a comic nerd. I have a monthly comic book meeting with my friends. We discuss current comics as well as have a monthly topic to discuss. The last month was "what is the best comic book of all time?" There was a lot of discussion. After thinking a lot I thought I would see what people on Amazon think. Batman: The Long Halloween was one of the top rated comics on Amazon. It might not be the best of all time but it's right up there in the top."AnonymousWritten on October 2, 2017"This is a good batman story. I would not call it the best of all time though. Simply another good installation in the batman story. "
- AnonymousWritten on May 10, 2018"Poison Ivy is in this comic, but I would not exactly say she is "featured" - there are comics where this is clearly and obviously the case, but this is hardly one of them. The art style is also kind of odd - I would not say it is objectively bad or anything, it just takes getting a little used to. Overall, this is sort of a relatively ambitious Batman story that takes some of the themes and characters in kind of new directions, so I cannot be too critical by saying that it does not exactly match up with what I expected. Not sure if I would recommend it if you really want something revolving around the Poison Ivy character though."AnonymousWritten on May 18, 2018"This comic takes us back to Bruce Wayne's early years as Batman and features a cast of familiar characters from Harvey Dent to the Falcones to yes, Poison Ivy. Learning more about the familiar cast of character is a treat and the edition is beautiful."AnonymousWritten on May 23, 2018"Tim Sale's art brings a new dimension to the Batman universe. This is mainly an expositional story for the villains, but it does them the justice (ha) that they deserve. This continues the Falcone story picking up from Miller's work fairly seamlessly."AnonymousWritten on May 18, 2018"The artwork in this issue does not disappoint! I really enjoyed getting to see Batman's villains turn into crazy twisted supervillains. Also, it does feature poison ivy and she's my absolute favorite. "