This solution is ranked
in What are the best YA books of 2007Read user opinions
in What are the best books about sad romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult fiction books about cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best books-to-inspire-cancer-patientsRead user opinions
in What are the best emotional booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction by UK authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best tear-jerker young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with interesting storylinesRead user opinions
in What are the best books about dealing with cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels that deal with sex and pregnancyRead user opinions
What the community says about Before I Die
- "The best YA book of 2007 is Before I Die by Jenny Downham. Faced with the reality of dying in a few months, Tessa compiles a list of things she wants to do before she meets her maker. High up on the list is sex. It is an erotic yet thought-provoking story of how one young woman deals with mortality. "
- "This books covers all of the things one might want to do in their lifetime, especially once they find out that their life is ending sooner than they thought. While the subject matter is dark, the book covers joy as well. It's an interesting read that will have you intrigued through tears."
- "Knowing your death is near is a truly unique way to walk through the world. Not all of us will have that experience, but for anyone who does, or is the loved one of someone who does, this book is incredibly moving. This is an inspiring read for anyone with a terminal illness, especially cancer patients!"
There are no comments yet!
- "Before I Die is simply tragic. Everyone approaches cancer differently. This book is good but puts too much of a positive spin on what is a realistically horrific thing, Cancer. I would not recommend it as a best book about dealing with cancer. I find the hospice books, written by nurses are much more uplifting. "
- "This young adult novel is full of heavy themes. A girl who is faced with death wants to live and has to do so in the few short months she has left. The writer tells the story beautifully and I teared up quite a few times. The premise isn't new but the story is artfully told while still being raw, emotional, and uplifting."