This solution is ranked
in What are the best young adult books that start with the letter bRead user opinions
in What are the best books designed with a face on the coverRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult fiction audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best high level reading booksRead user opinions
in What are the best book recommendations for undecided readersRead user opinions
in What are the best amusing books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books about self harm depression and suicideRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with a sad storyRead user opinions
in What are the best teen books about real problemsRead user opinions
in What are the best depressing booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Before I Fall
- "I’m normally too ashamed to say that I like young adult fiction..but I do. I felt like I should write a review for this book as I think that we are only seeing the beginning of a career of an amazing author. I found this book thought provoking and eye opening, while being very entertaining at the same time. This did not feel like the typical vampire type of YA fiction but something much deeper."
- " I didn't particularly like our protagonist Sam for most of the novel. She wears the moniker 'bitch' unapologetically and seems to pinball from one social scene to the next swaying under the banner of peer pressure and grasping to remain at the precipice of the social hierarchy. Then about halfway through the novel things changed. Sam became much more interesting, her choices became more altruistic. I laughed so hard in her 'rebellious' day it added a much needed punch to a novel I was starting to find boring."
- "I don't know if I would call this a high level reading book, but the book was good nonetheless. The story was interesting, and it got me hooked right away. I would recommend this book anyway if you're looking for something to read, because it's a wonderful book."
- "This book is written by New York Time's best selling author Lauren Oliver. It explores a young teenage girl's views on love, finality, and the flow of life. Very touching and emotional piece that's not your-typical-teenage drama, but rather a story filled with complexity and depth as described from the point of view of the main character."
- "No one imagined that the book "Before I Fall" would be that much successful when the young adults were talking about it at first. The real struggles, love, death, the real thought-provoking questions are written in such a way that it has become very popular in a very short time. "
- "I actually watched this movie before I knew about the book. It starred one of my favorite young actors in Zoey Deutch, Lea Thompson's daughter. I really enjoyed the movie and when friends told me it was based on a book, I knew I had to go and order the book online. Now this isn't your typical story. It's such a great concept. It's about a teen girl who suffers a certain tragedy and finds herself waking up to the cycle everyday. I know it sounds a bit like Ground Hog's Day and in a way it is, but the way that Oliver handles the characters in this story is nothing short of amazing. You really understand Samantha's struggles as we see her go from having everything to having it all taken away. The book proses the question, what would you do if you had one day to live? Well this story chronicles all the things Samantha has to figure out and what type of life she wants to leave behind as she goes through the same day trying to figure out what she did wrong to try to escape this cycle she's in. I loved this concept and I loved this book."