This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with truly plus-sized leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best books of RITA AwardsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with characters struggling with weightRead user opinions
in What are the best other books to read if you like Janet EvanovichRead user opinions
in What are the best novels similar to Janet Evanovich booksRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with sweet love storyRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary romantic comedy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with a love-hate themeRead user opinions
in What are the best novels where the hero rejects the heroine at firstRead user opinions
in What are the best culinary-themed romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best hilarious chick lit novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best witty contemporary romance novels for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the funniest and wittiest novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with funny titlesRead user opinions
in What are the funniest romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring a hot hero and an average-looking heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary romance novels without instaloveRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with a makeover storyRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with plus-sized charactersRead user opinions
What the community says about Bet Me
- "Minerva Dobbs knows all about risk management, which is why itâs such a shock when David, her extremely logical choice for a boyfriend, dumps her three weeks before her perfect sisterâs wedding: David was not supposed to be a wild card. So when Min overhears David make a bet with his old nemesisâthe gorgeous and successful Calvin Morriseyâthat Cal canât get Min into bed in a month, she decides that fate has just handed her a stacked deck: she can make Cal sweat his sex appeal and get a date to the wedding, if she plays along and doesnât fold. What follows is a novel of destiny, chaos theory, Krispy Kreme donuts, the spirit of Elvis, Chicken Marsala, and a gamble for the highest stake of all: true love."
- "Minerva Dobbs is shocked when her boyfriend dumps her just before her sister's wedding. David then makes a bet with an old friend, Cal, that Cal won't get Min into bed in a month. Min is forced to challenge her sex appeal and resist Cal so that she can get a date to the wedding."
- "Janet Evanovich is one of my favorite authors and I was looking for other similar books. I finally found "Bet Me." The writing style is very similar and the subject matter is sort of related. I think it's a worthwhile book to read and every Janet Evanovich fan should at least give it a try!"
- "Finally! A delightful departure from the recent onslaught of vampire-firemen-CIA agent-werewolf-billionaire non-sense, this romance is sweet, fun, sexy, and definitely a page turner for romance fans. I haven't read a romance this good since Karen Marie Moning was flying off the shelves! Thank you, Jennifer Crusie, for not buying into the modern pseudo-romance scribble available in most book stores."
- "Curl up with Crusie, and become a convert! I've lived her writing for 13 years (half my lifetime) and they are seriously good comfort reads, I re-read them every year. For reference, other authors I like: Susan Anderson, Kresley Cole, Melanie Harlow. Her characters are incredibly relatable, and I can't get enough of her fast-paced storylines and humour-filled conversations. "Bet Me" in particular really deconstructs a classic fairytale; with a lending hand from fate, it draws Cal and Min together in deliciously enjoyable scenes, despite their best efforts at completely avoiding each other. Crusie creates characters you want to have lunch with, and you won't find "cheap laughs" as she has fine tuned her story telling to an art (probably helps with her master’s degree in Professional Writing and Women’s Literature!)."
- "A very specific topic at hand, but I am very confident this is definitely worth reading if you want something in between relative to the topic. I would say the positive reviews are greatly helpful to read since a hundred of those basically can be considered trusted, I have not read this one yet, but that won't be the case anymore."
- "Bet me ain't your mommy's food themed romance book, that's for sure. I loved it. Just make sure daddy's not around, if you know what I mean. He'll probably want to take a peek. Don't let him! Do not let daddy read this. I can't stress that enough. Daddy needs to stay away. This book is too horny for daddy. It's for mommy to read in the bathtub! Mmmmm . . . makes me hungry!"
- "This author has written a romance novel that is extremely relatable to. The main character, Minerva, is shown to be a strong and independent woman with a lot of wit and charisma. This novel walks through a series of dramatic events that are also filled with dramatic humor. "
- "Jennifer has such a way with words and a great knowledge about the relationships between men and women. In Bet Me, I really got a sense of her characters. They were developed enough for me to be able to relate to. Her writing is witty and fast-paced, yet filled with humor. I couldn't put this book down! I finished it in one setting. Once I was done, I called me sister and since then, it has been passed around our families and friends. It really is such a delight to read about romance in a time of fate and coincidence. "