This solution is ranked
in What are the best YA books with horsesRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with horsesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels that feature horsesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature animalsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with alliteration in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best animal adventure booksRead user opinions
in What are the best classic children talesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for kids written before the 1950sRead user opinions
in What are the best books where pet diesRead user opinions
in What are the best books written from the perspective of an animalRead user opinions
in What are the best Puffin Clothbound Classics booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about the environmentRead user opinions
in What are the best books with colors in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for 8 to 10-year-old boysRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with talking animalsRead user opinions
in What are the best middle school classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best Stepping Stones classic books for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for nine year old childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best Living Books from the Charlotte Manson Method listRead user opinions
in What are the best 19th century novels by British and Irish authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best free Kindle booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Black Beauty
- "I never had the chance to read this book growing up but it is one of my wife's favorites. I finally decided to give it a shot and I am so glad I did. I had some much fun and excitement reading through this and felt a wave of emotions run over me when I finished. "
- "Black Beauty is what immediately comes to mind when it comes to horse novels. It's an enduring classic because it does so well in making the reader empathize with an animal, and it's a fictional animal at that. It's a great book with a big capacity for both joy and sorrow."
- "I don't think there is a child or adult out there who should have read Black Beauty. The title's alliteration is just fine, but the real joy is the book itself. It is a great story and one that resonates with most children, especially (in my experience) young girls. I know that my daughter begged and begged for a horse after that (okay, that might not sell you on the book - but she loved it!). We showed her the classic movie after reading it, and she remembers it as one of her most favorite childhood memories. "
- "When my son's pet dog died, he was devastated. He seemed to feel so alone. I went looking for books that would help him understand what had happened and how to deal with it. Black Beauty seems to have helped him recover. He still misses Pongo, but now he can deal with it."
- "I remember reading this book when I was in middle school and I fell in love. I decided to buy it for my daughter (only after reading it again myself) and I can't believe how well it still holds up. Sewell's novel brings a tear to my eye. It feels so genuine, the emotion feels real. Please do your children a favour and show them this book!"
There are no comments yet!
- "While I did enjoy going through this book with my children, it was not always a happy experience. The book started off well enough with the close relationship between the horse and his owner, but things turned dark as the story continued. My children went to smiling at the beginning of the story to weeping tears by the end. They still liked the book by the end, but the horse's suffering really made them feel sympathy for it, which is why I personally enjoyed how the book impacted them. It made them empathize with others and taught them a lesson about mistreatment. This could teach children a lot of things and it is definitely one of the better books with a color in the title."
- "As for best fiction books with talking animals, Black Beauty is a classic tale that takes the cake for many readers young and old. This story was one of Sewell's most legendary in that it took the reader through many different aspects of humanity. It is not simply a story about a talking animal, but one about connecting with living things on another level."
- "Black Beauty is a great suggestion for youngsters as many of them love animals. I love that the book not only showcases happiness but it shows strength in the face of adversity as well and that is a good lesson for all youngsters to learn. The story is very touching and a very heartwarming read for all ages but I think this story is easily related to teens and youngsters as well."
- "I bought this book for my daughter to get her more interested in reading. She loved this book and won't stop talking about Black Beauty. She even decided to do her book report for school on this book. She has taken a love for horses. Great story about the hardships the horse went through after living a life of ease and love. "