This solution is ranked
in What are the best Victorian historical fiction set in BritainRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read long novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Charles Dickens booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in Victorian timesRead user opinions
in What are the best romancebooks with kindle versionRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in LondonRead user opinions
in What are the best books that are out of copyrightRead user opinions
in What are the best victorian mystery novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about adoptionRead user opinions
in What are the best 19th century novels by British and Irish authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that are over 800 pagesRead user opinions
What the community says about Bleak House
- "Charles Dickens is considered one of the greatest novelists of the Victorian era, and this historical fiction set in Britain is one of the best of its genre. Bleak House exemplifies Dickens' mastery of comedy and satire and stands as an important work. I thought the size of the font was quite small so that's a potential drawback for some, but otherwise this is a tremendously fun read."
- "This book is one of Charles Dickens' best works. A serial written between 1852 and 1853, it tells tells a satirical story of the English judicial system at the time. At times it can be tragic, hilarious and informative. The stories of the many characters in the book are all interesting and make for an enjoyable read."
- "A Charles Dickens classic set in the mid 1800's based on real life people. I mean what else could you want from a book. You know it is going to be well written and feature great dialogue. This is truly my favorite book written by Dickens as it really immerses you into this classic period to the point you feel like you are just part of the story. This is a work of a master writer, and everyone should read this."
- "I don't think this is going to help me with the subject of adoption. Dickens lived over 150 years ago, the adoption system back then was not only in a different country, but completely different than it is today. As a historical retrospective it may work, but for current needs I have to pass."
- "I was studying British literature in high school, and we needed to find a good book for a report. I checked out Bleak House, and it wound up being one of the best British books from the era that I think I have ever read. It actually was enjoyable to finish up the book."