This solution is ranked
in What are the best YA science fiction romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for young teenagersRead user opinions
in What are the best books that start with a or bRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books for middle school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels published in 2011Read user opinions
in What are the best love and hate romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring young and adult vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best books about AlchemyRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about forbidden loveRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with a vampire storylineRead user opinions
in What are the best YA seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a superb plotRead user opinions
in What are the best teen vampire fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best romance and action novels for yaRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction by UK authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult trilogy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best YA supernatural booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books about vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Bloodlines
- "This was a fantastic novel and I highly enjoyed it and would recommend it to others. It is the first in a series so there's plenty more to follow, thankfully! This book was definitely a wonderful time passer, very interesting and engaging, and I cannot wait to get the next book in the series- I already ordered it off Amazon! I would give it 5/5 but I found the plot line to be a bit slow to get into so I nicked off half a star just for that. Either way, definitely a front runner for this list."
- "This is another strong read by Richelle. Set with Sidney sage as an alchemist who hates vampires, it shows her growth as she grows to accept them. I love the fact that the author brought back some of the more memorable characters in previous novels. Truly a great read for all ages. "
- "I read the Bloodlines, a young adult fantasy romance book from the series Bloodlines during a long flight back home. I had actually bought it for a friend, but ended up reading it myself as it's so beautifully written. The book illustrates the characters very well and brings out the true essence of the story."
- "Alchemy is definitely a fairly prominent theme in this book, which cannot be said of many sorts of works, so if that is something you absolutely need to have, give it a shot. The book also is about romantic relationships between school-age vampires and other supernatural beings. Some of the author's previous works on these topics have been panned, but this particular sub-series seems to be a bit better. Maybe try it if you are particularly interested in alchemy-related stories with drama-related undertones."
- #9 of 27
in What are the best YA series
- "This is a mindless tale of vampire regency that seems to play off of the Twilight, True Blood, and Vampire Diaries craze of the late '00s. Steering children away from literary fiction and into the realm of fantasy, there are much better adventures to be had than this mess, most of them containing the kind of romance and action that hormonal teenagers crave. Steer clear."
- "I was working 8am to 7pm shifts for the past few years and I wanted to make sure I spend time in the evening with my wife who stays at home with my four kids. I was looking for something exciting and special to share with my wife to show my appreciation for all of her hard work and dedication to the family. From my young adulthood, I rediscovered this amazing novel called "Bloodlines" by Richelle Mead. My wife is an aspiring novelist herself, so she is learning a lot of writing techniques by reading this extraordinary tale about the alchemist Sydney who is protecting the princess Moroi in California. My wife loves the Bloodlines tale and is constantly rereading it! Thank you Bloodlines!"
- "I got this book for my daughter to read on our road trip across country. She said she enjoyed it overall and that she wants me to pick up other volumes in the series. I guess that's a decent endorsement, however, she can't stop talking about the main character which is what really grabbed her and kept her reading through to the end."