This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with African charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books that start with a or bRead user opinions
in What are the best books about street gangstersRead user opinions
in What are the best interesting non-fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best literary books for people of colorRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs about African-AmericansRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs, biographies, and autobiographiesRead user opinions
What the community says about Blue Rage, Black Redemption
- "I think that this is a very well written autobiography from one of the founding members of the street gang, the Crips. It gives very thoughtful insight to what his life was like and why things turned out the way they did. I thought that it was an interesting read."
- "I had an assignment in class where I had to read a book that starts with the letter b. A friend of mine suggested Blue Rage, Black Redemption as I am a huge fan of non-fiction over fiction writing. The book was really intriguing and surprisingly exciting for a memoir and was extremely hard to put down. So buy it if you don't plan on doing much else than reading for a few days."
- "This has to be one of the best and most iconic gangster books. Not only is it written by one of the Crips actual co-founders, it weaves an amazing story about the development of the Crips gang and the consequences of joining a street gang. It's very moving and gives an inside perspective into the life of a street gangster."
- "I bought this book because I love reading redemption stories and this one was pretty great. I loved reading about how he worked hard to get out of a gang and do good things for his community. Very inspiring. I thought the writing was easy to read. A great book!"
- "This book is very rewarding to go through as it allows the reader to get in the mindset of a former hardcore gang member and why certain actions were taken and how he was influenced. The story paints a picture of what gang life in Los Angeles at peak in the 80s were like. Stanley's story is personal and shares his what he had to go through because he was involved in this lifestyle. The story is great for teens to learn from as well as being very interesting reading from a personal point of view."
- "I love reading memoirs of other people and trying to envision myself as that person. I recently read "Blue Rage, Black Redemption." It was very well written and really made me feel as though I was a crime lord. It was super engaging and I can't wait until I get the chance to read it again!"