This solution is ranked
in What are the best fiction books about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for pre-teen girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books set in AsiaRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring princesses in disguiseRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult adventure novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best diary novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best clean romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Asian-themed fantasy and science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by Utah authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for LDS book clubsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books of 2007Read user opinions
in What are the best young adult diary novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read fairy tale retellings for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best fairy talesRead user opinions
What the community says about Book of a Thousand Days
- "This story is very heartwarming and inspirational. Based on an old fairy tail, this story is re-imagined to be something on its own and it is well written and keeps you hooked. Dashti's ability to overcome all of the hardship and troubles she goes through is very inspiring and the story of her finding love is great. All this because her Mistress, Lady Saren refuses to marry a man she despises. Dashti never gives up and is determined to keep them alive."
- "I love Shannon Hale's books (AustenLand The Actor and the Housewife...), but I wasn't sure if I would like this one as it seemed more juvenile. I was so into this book I don't think I put it down twice the whole time I was reading it! Thanks to having a kindle I could read while doing almost everything. Very good book. Now I'm onto Goose Girl and those. It is nice to have such good reading"
- "This is largely a love story disguised as a diary... which is a cheater's way of telling a story. The plot reminds me of fairy tales and isn't something I'd be interested in reading as an adult with real responsibilities. If you're looking for a true diary novel, Anne Frank is the standard... this book doesn't even come close."
- "I was not particularly interested in this story. I thought it was kind of boring to be honest. There are much better fantasy books out there. I did not particularly like the characters or the premise either. It can be a serviceable read, but I just did not feel at all engrossed in the story."
- "It is nice to see a Mormon from Utah be recognized for writing such wonderful fiction. Shannon Hale's Book of a Thousand Days was a great story to read with my children. The world and characters created a unique and beautiful backdrop for my kids to fall asleep to at night."
- "I absolutely love retellings of Fairy Tales and this is exactly what I was looking for. It's appropriately challenging without being either difficult or pandering so it makes for an excellent Young Adult novel. The dialogue is witty and the characters so enchanting that you'll be crying at the end just because you don't have any more book left."
- #17 of 35
in What are the best fairy tales