This solution is ranked
in What are the best novels about friendshipRead user opinions
in What are the best books with stories about grief or grievingRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature inspirational teachersRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books featuring death of loved oneRead user opinions
in What are the most depressing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best middle school classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best books on lonelinessRead user opinions
in What are the best books with forest and trees on the coverRead user opinions
in What are the best novels made into Disney moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books in the ALA challenged listRead user opinions
in What are the best classic books for the 90s kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best depressing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for third grade boy readersRead user opinions
in What are the best emotional booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for sixth-grade childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1970sRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about real life issues for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books for girls between 8 and 12 years oldRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that turned into a Disney movieRead user opinions
in What are the best books that received the Newbery medal or honorRead user opinions
in What are the saddest novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best banned or challenged booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with a sad storyRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for middle school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best realistic fiction novels for young adult boysRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction novels for Christian womenRead user opinions
in What are the best children's booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Bridge to Terabithia
There are no comments yet!
- "Jess Aarons has been practicing all summer so he can be the fastest runner in the fifth grade. And he almost is, until the new girl in school, Leslie Burke, outpaces him. The two become fast friends and spend most days in the woods behind Leslie's house, where they invent an enchanted land called Terabithia. One morning, Leslie goes to Terabithia without Jess and a tragedy occurs. It will take the love of his family and the strength that Leslie has given him for Jess to be able to deal with his grief."
- "I read this book as a teenager and wanted to re-read it again as an adult to see if I had gained a different perspective on it. I did. The book is heartbreaking, sad, you lose hope you gain hope. There are many emotions that flow through you as you read the story. You can feel the pain of the characters, you can feel what they are going through. As an adult, how you view things is slightly different and this story was no different. "
There are no comments yet!
- "I am very drawn to nature and when I don't know what to read I often gravitate towards books depicting trees or a forest on the cover. This book was really good. The book is one twist after another. It really took me for a ride and is something I'm still recovering from. I'm really surprised it took me this long to discover the book. The book was very unique and a great piece of literature that I'm sure I will have to read again in the future."
- "Friendships can be irreplaceable sometimes. They may build empires and wonders with their bonds of love, respect and virtues. This book is about two friends that are the example of that. It describes how they go through hard times and good times and create the magical world of Terabithia."
- "This book is a heartfelt book that brought me into both tears and happiness. The plot is engaging with joy, but also sadness. I could imagine and feel emotions with the well-written characters. I think this is a good children's book, as long as the children can handle and process grief effectively."
- "I have very vivid memories of reading this book in school when I was young, and upon rereading it in my adulthood, it was every bit as poignant, heartbreaking, and profound that I remember it to be as a child. The way in which this book delicately and beautifully handles loss is such that readers of all ages can benefit from it. It is a powerfully written book that provides valuable insights into the human condition, and I think that everyone should read this story at least once in their lifetime. I believe the message of the book is extremely helpful to anyone who has experienced the death of a close loved one."
- "This book's story, while wonderfully magical, comes with some dark themes alongside the fantastical elements. It definitely has some lessons and coming of age tales that would be good for girls like mine to read and learn about. I think for my girl that's around 11 years old, this might be a little heavy for her to read without some discussions afterward. I enjoyed reading about the challenges and joys of friendships we all can make."
- "I don't know if I would consider this one of the best inspirational novels. To me it seemed to be more about friendship and loss and imagination more than inspiration. I read it years ago when I borrowed my niece's book. Because she loved it so much I thought I would too but I really didn't. Not sure if I was just too old for it or what, but I had trouble getting through it even."
- " Newbery books rarely steer me wrong. I had heard of this book for a very long time but never got around to reading it. I’m sad that it took me so long. This is such a classic tale of friendship and loss. We have all experienced losses and this book helps to show how love will give you strength. I can’t believe I waited this long, don’t be like me! "
- #7 of 13
in What are the saddest novels""Bridge to Terabithia" is a mystical novel. Normally, I tend to avoid this kind of novels for they seem overly repetitive, but, I believe the author managed to create something completely unique and new with this novel. I love the friendship depicted in the book for it is pure and imperfect. In this case, imperfection has bred a wonderful friendship that ultimately resulted in Terabithia. This novel will make you cry at times and it is one of the saddest books I've read so far, hence would not recommend it if you're going through something tough or depressed. "
There are no comments yet!
- #69 of 412
in What are the best children's books