This solution is ranked
in What are the best humorous romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best modern Pride and Prejudice booksRead user opinions
in What are the best lighthearted literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with plus-sized charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to get over a break upRead user opinions
in What are the best books with characters struggling with weightRead user opinions
in What are the best British chick lit novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1990sRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read light novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in LondonRead user opinions
in What are the best diary novelsRead user opinions
in What are the funniest novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you liked Eleanor & ParkRead user opinions
in What are the best books in epistolary formatRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Christmas-themed chick lit novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Pride and Prejudice sequels and retellingsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with movie adaptationsRead user opinions
in What are the best chick lit novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Bridget Jones's Diary
- "I like that there are multiple platforms that this book will work on. There is also software embedded that will allow you to highlight sections you would like to get back to quickly. I think this would work very well and with the added software you can take full advantage of the book. "
- "This book is hilarious. I couldn't put it down and I laughed my way through it. I can identify with Bridget so much and I needed to read this book so badly to get me out of my funk. Helen Fielding has done an outstanding job and I can wait to see the movie now..... and then maybe I'll even read the book again!"
- "What a great book -- Bridget Jones's Diary. It's a book that us plus-sized girls can aspire to. Just because you have a little weight on you doesn't mean that you are not pretty nor deserve love. This book follows our heroine Bridget as she goes through the ups and downs of single life and romance. The film is also very good. I highly recommend to anyone who wants to laugh and reminisce about their 30's."
- "Bridget Jones's Diary is a really fun book. Encompassing a year or so, each entry in the diary begins with Bridget's "stats" for the day (her weight, alcohol units consumed, cigarettes smoked, etc.) Helen Fielding's writing is very readable and above all, extremely funny. In my opinion, the book's greatest asset was the time spent on developing the rapports between the characters. Hardly any time was spent on this in the film, which in my opinion was rather disappointing. You'll want to know what's going to happen with Bridget and everyone else, and you'll be surprised how difficult it is to put this book down!"
- "Oh what a ride! Poor Bridget, a little chubby and worried about things, but willing - and able - to give things a go no matter what. By turns funny and a little sad-like, you will be unable to stop reading. Who can't relate to Bridget's struggles? She speaks for all of us."
- "An interesting book. The movie is based on the book, and it is a good choice to read when you have some free time, on a commute, or on vacation. It is light reading and contains lot's of characters that are interesting. Do not expect a master class in literature, instead expect something more suited for entertainment. "
- "I saw the movie for Bridget Jones's diary before I read the book. The movie was good, but the book is dynamite! I loved all of the situations, and could relate to many of them. If you have seen the movie, and liked it, I urge you to read the book. You won't be disappointed."
There are no comments yet!