This solution is ranked
in What are the best high level reading booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young-adult books with wizards and warlocksRead user opinions
in What are the best books worth a movieRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dragonsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books that start with the letter bRead user opinions
in What are the best books with elvesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that were released in 2008Read user opinions
in What are the best YA books about dragonsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Brisingr (Inheritance)
- "It is still amazing that this series was written by someone so young. This is an interesting fantasy story and perfect for teens and young adults. I still get the feeling in the back of my mind that I have read it all before as his books have stolen from nearly every other dragon/fantasy series around. A little here, a little there and whoops, we have a new series about dragons that smacks of everything else ever written about them! While not actually plagerizing, the ideas, plots and some characters were certainly lifted, however skillfully. It never the less is a well written tale that is a fun read. One of the most interesting aspects of his books is his creative development of various "languages". It will be fun to see how he winds this up in the next book."
- "I had mixed feelings about this one. On the one hand, I like Paolini and my daughter (a real 'young adult') has nothing but compliments for his work. But this book just wasn't as exciting as the others. It's okay (I guess that's sort of a compliment). Because I'm reading the series with her, I don't regret it. It's important to keep up! And I want to see where the next book takes us. "
- "Christopher Paolini rocks. This is the third book of the trilogy and amazing enough, he has not let the reader down. The first book was fantastic. The second book was as good as second books of trilogy can be attempting to be the bridge to the the last one. And this last one is as good as third books of a trilogy can be. Awesome!!!"
- "The best young adult books that start with the letter b include "Brisingr (Inheritance)", which is a novel that follows the story of Eragon with his dragon and their battle against the tyrannic Empire. Boasting an average customer rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 1,547 Amazon reviews, I would strongly recommend this book. "
- "I had hopes for this series, but it was disappointing. Some parts of the book are exciting but it is few and far between. Much of the book has a poor combination of being overly simplistic like a child, yet long winded with old words and metaphors that make it hard to follow. Seems like the type of book that would have a small but very loyal fan base. Not a fit for me. "
- "If you enjoy things like Lord of the Rings then I'd definitely suggest checking out this series. Set in a fantasy world about a boy and his dragon Eragon as they go on adventures together. I bought this series for my son and he has already finished the last book."
- #56 of 142
in What are the best fantasy novels