This solution is ranked
in What are the best male-to-male audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with couples who turned gay for each otherRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books with a gay protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best American Old West romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best true story based booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in the Old WestRead user opinions
in What are the best gay historical fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels featuring cowboysRead user opinions
in What are the best short stories of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best gay historical romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best LGBTQIA booksRead user opinions
in What are the best classic books with gay charactersRead user opinions
What the community says about Brokeback Mountain
- "This is a great short story by a wonderful author, Annie Proulx. I loved the movie also. It is a very suspenseful page turner about forbidden love between two western cowboys, who didn't expect to find love on Brokeback Mountan. The characters are beautifully authentic and well written, and no gratuitous sex scenes. It's about love and freedom. Highly recommend."
- "I liked the movie, so this time I did the opposite, and I read also the book after having watched the movie. Brokeback Mountain it's a passionate story about two men that discover to have a strong attraction for each other while working on a ranch. They get married, but in the end they won't be able to deny the feelings they have for each other.. Very interesting book!"
- "I wanted to find something that could keep me entertained so I decided to read the book Brokeback Mountain thinking it took place in the old west. However, the setting wasn't even near the old west which was such a huge disappointment to me. Although there are some romance, I would recommend it if you enjoy romantic novels. However, if you're like me and wanted some gun signalling action then this book isn't for you."
There are no comments yet!
- "I love a good romance story. From all walks of life, I think its fascinating to see the human condition at its most vulnerable. Brokeback Mountain was exactly what I envisioned. This really showed the tale of two gay ranch hands who try to shield their love and work through it. They marry heterosexually, but eventually find themselves with each other."
- "Before there was the movie there was the book. Brokeback Mountain remains the ultimate gay love story for all modern time. Two ranch hands meet, fall in love but then venture into straight marriage complete with children. But they still secretly meet because they can't stop loving each other."
- "This book can go either way for a person. I read the book, and watched the movie that followed. I think that while it does show love, it is also a story that should teach us to follow our own hearts. There is a lot to be said about how detrimental it can be to your life and others to deny how you feel."