This solution is ranked
in What are the best books on slavery for middle schoolersRead user opinions
in What are the best young reader books about revolutionRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fictions for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best tear-jerker young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best black girl books included on Marley Dias' book driveRead user opinions
in What are the best young-adult audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best short young-adult novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Chains
- "This was a heart wrenching and wonderful read. I recommend it thoroughly for those who want to explore the troubles and triumphs endured by those who have had to fight for their freedom. It shows the turning of the time and just how integral a few people can be in a revolution."
- "My daughter had to read this for school so I decided to pick up a copy for myself. I am glad I did. The story is so emotional and really touched my soul. The characters had a lot of depth and the world was beautifully constructed even though it was about something as ugly as slavery. I couldn't put the book down. "
- "Marley Dias' book drive is one of my favorite places to learn about new books. Recently I wanted to learn about black girl culture so I picked up the book "Chains" from his book drive. The book was very well written and really brought out the feelings of the characters. I truly felt like I could be in their place. I loved the book and hope to get the chance to reread it soon!"
- "I love to listen to young adult books. After listening to several popular ones, I decided to spend a lot of time finding the best ones in this genre. After a long and exhaustive search, I figured out the best audiobook to listen to was Chains by Laurie Halse Anderson. "
There are no comments yet!
- "My experience as a librarian helps me again, as I know that Laurie Halse Anderson's YA novels are renowned for being excellent to begin with ("Speak" being her most well known title). "Chains" is an historical fiction title, and is a National Book Award finalist."