This solution is ranked
in What are the best books in the Mortal Instruments seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal books featuring demons and angelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best ALA award nominees of 2010Read user opinions
in What are the best book about ShadowhuntersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read amazing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with strong female charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring nephilim, angels, and demonsRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring angels and demons from the BibleRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature wizardsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books with angelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about characters with unique special abilities or superpowersRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring redhead girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal books with vampires or werewolvesRead user opinions
in What are the best books worth a movieRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels published in 2009Read user opinions
in What are the best books with supernatural charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with titles that start with cRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with punk, emo and skater charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best novels that feature NephilimsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the word "glass" in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless supernatural fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best action YA novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romantic fantasy books for teen girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books you can't put downRead user opinions
in What are the best new books by new authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that begin with c, d, or eRead user opinions
in What are the best YA supernatural booksRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Sci-Fi and fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult booksRead user opinions
What the community says about City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments)
- "It's a scary thing when you get to the final book in a series or trilogy that you particularly care about. There's a certain amount of apprehension involved,correlating directly to your emotional involvement to the story and characters. Its tricky for the author to wrap things up in a way that is true to the characters, consistent with the themes of the previous books, ties up the major and minor story arcs, and is still enjoyable to read. I've never read the final book in any series that managed to seamlessly do all of those things. City of Glass did."
- "I wanted to read a book about Shadowhunters. I found the book City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments). This is a great book and the 3rd in the series of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series. It's about Clary saving her mother. She breaks the law and Jace's wishes. It's really quite fascinating. I love the story and the characters and highly recommend this book to anyone interested in the Mortal Instruments series."
- "I wanted a book for my teen daughter with a strong female lead. City of glass was recommended to me. I decided to read the series before having her read them. The first book was decent. It did make me want to at least read the next book so I could find out what happens to Clary and Jace. The second book got me reeled in... it didn't just make me want to read the next book, it made me want to read the whole series. But this book, City of Glass, the 3rd book, has made a fan out of me. There were parts when I was mad, sad, cheering for them to kick butt, and hoping for Valentine's demise. Great read, can't wait for the 4th."
- "Angels and demons have always interested me, especially stories that are bible related. I picked up City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments) one day after searching for a while and have to say that it quickly became one of my favorites. Cassandra Clare really did an amazing job with this book."
- "I love to read books that have wizards in them. I found City of Glass (The Moral Instruments). It's the 3rd book in the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I loved the previous books and love this one, too. It documents the harrowing experience of Clary saving her mom. All these terrible things happen and you really feel for the characters. Strongly recommended!"
- "If you have a young adult reader in the household, particularly if your son or daughter enjoys paranormal fiction, you should consider giving City of Glass as a gift. It's an easy and enjoyable read replete with faeries and demons. I didn't see any angels in the story, but a range of other paranormal entities."
- "City of Class is not my favorite book even though I do think positively about the series. As an be the case with a series, this third book drags a bit more than the first two and so I wouldn't consider it among the best books with unique abilities, the first two in the series easily outpace this one let alone others."
- "As a rule, I don't like it when books are made into movies. The movies inevitably screw something up , leave things out, or just plain rewrite what happened. And this book is no exception. First off, it's the third in a trilogy. If we make this into a movie, we have to do the other two first. And this feels too Twilight-ish for me. I just don't think the world needs any more angsty teenagers dealing with monsters on the silver screen."
- "City of Glass is one of the best young adult books published in 2009. This installment in the The Mortal Instruments series, is full of drama and tribulation. I felt so many emotional highs and lows as I read this book. I would liken it to a roller coaster ride where the end will just haunt you. "
- "City of Glass is the best novels that feature Nephilims it is about Clary saving her mother by breaking the law and Jace's wishes, Simon being thrown to jail, and Valentine trying to kill all Shadowhunters at once "
- "Ahhh...the Shadowhunters!!! Valentine does his best to try and rid them all at the same time! This book is a great and fast read if you're a fan of Cassandra Clare's series. I was hooked from the first book, and this 3rd installment did not disappoint. The imagery in this novel is as good as it gets, and the slyness of Valentine is perfectly written. Highly recommend this series, and particularly this book."
- "City of Glass is an action packed book from beginning to end. Just be ready to be in it for the long haul because it is a pretty long book. This is the third in the series by Cassandra Clare and it basically picks up right where the second book left you. You will find yourself on an emotional roller coaster with this book. Recommended for readers who love some action!"
- "This is definitely a really good book to get into. The characters are really lifelike and I feel like I'm reading the adventures of actual people. The stories are really great and I really like the plot. I think that this is a series that you can quickly become hooked on and invested in, so that really appeals to me and I think it will to other people as well. "
- "This book is one in a series and is really good. If you've read the previous books, you now understand more about their character. The plot was relatively good but could have been better. I enjoyed the fight scene as well. It wasn't a book that grabbed my attention. I could put it down if I needed to, but it was good overall. "
There are no comments yet!
- #75 of 280
in What are the best young adult books"Have been reading these books for a while now as I wanted a new series to read that would be more interesting to read than something like Twilight. The mortal instrument series is excellent and this has been the best book by far. I haven't been able to put it down and am already looking forward to the next book. If you are interested in a supernatural/fantasy young adult series but want out of the Twilight circle I highly suggest this series!"