This solution is ranked
in What are the best YA books with interracial charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best steampunk books with strong womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books with supernatural charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best steampunk books for yaRead user opinions
in What are the best novels that feature NephilimsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with strong and smart heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with steampunkRead user opinions
in What are the best angels and demonsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with Asian heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult books with titles that start with cRead user opinions
in What are the best book about ShadowhuntersRead user opinions
in What are the best Victorian historical fiction set in BritainRead user opinions
in What are the best amazing books you will ever readRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring nephilim, angels, and demonsRead user opinions
What the community says about Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices)
- "I love paranormal romanced books and Clockwork Prince is certainly that. There is an intriguing love triangle story that I can’t wait to see how it resolves. I found it interesting that there were different classes of people such as Humans, Claves, Downworlders, and Humans. These were then further split into Humans, Shadowhunters, Vampires, and Warlocks. "
- "I did not particularly enjoy the way women were depicted in this novel. I was looking forward to a strong female representation and instead I was delivered this quasi-historical love triangle with a damsel in distress caught in the middle. I wanted Laura Croft, but ended up with Laurie Gilmour. The setting was certainly on point. I got the feeling of a historic period, so perhaps the treatment of women was meant to personify the era. "
- "I was looking for a good book, one of the best, with supernatural characters in it, and a popular online book forum had many members who suggested 'Clockwork Prince', by Cassandra Clare. I picked up a cheap copy online, and while it wasn't a bad book, I can think of many others that would be ahead of it on any 'best of' list of the genre. It was merely okay :/"
- "All the best romances need a love triangle, how better to entice us to care than by complicating who do we want Tessa to end up with. And this novel delivers, magic, mystery, mayhem, and romance all have their time in the sun. I enjoyed every word."
- "This book was okay but it didn't have enough Asians in it. With a title like Clockwork Prince I felt sure that there would be at least a few but there weren't. Very disappointing. The story was written okay and I felt a little corrupted by the end, which I've read is what the author is going for here, but I feel lackluster about the whole thing in general. It was just missing something, some diversity in the characters maybe. ""Book 2 of a Trillogy, so its seems the characters have found an audience. It's a parnomral romance, since a normal romance, it seems, just isn't that interesting these days. It does seem there are a ton of fans lapping this stuff up though, and maybe you'll become one too."
- "If you haven't read any of the Infernal Devices books, this is a good one to start! It is the middle book of the trilogy, but I find it to be the most interesting. The story about Tessa and the prince is really gripping. I was on the edge of my seat, which is not common for a book! Make sure to read this when you aren't doing anything else, because you'll really be drawn into it!"
- "The second book in the Infernal Devices series, this bestselling book takes up back to old Victorian London as Tessa Gray struggles to find safety with the Shadowhunters from mysterious dark and magical forces that are out to get her. The story presents a captivating story of mystery, excitement, and brewing romantic tension that keeps you guessing whether or not certain lies told will end up ruining everything."
- "Clockwork Prince is a fantastic novel…if you know what’s going on. If you’re looking for your standard Victorian historical fiction, take a step back and read the first book in the series first. You’ll be much happier if you understand what’s going on and where this (spoiler alert!) disaster of a love triangle came from. Take it from someone who already made the mistake once and read the series in order. Would have given this five stars if I hadn’t been so confused. "