This solution is ranked
in What are the best books in the Shopaholic seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors whose names start with kRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for a school libraryRead user opinions
in What are the best humorous romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in LondonRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with funny titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best British chick lit novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with different POV'sRead user opinions
in What are the best modern romance books adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best Sophie Kinsella booksRead user opinions
in What are the best chick lit novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Confessions of a Shopaholic
- "This is one of those try to have your cake and eat it to books. Becky have champagne taste but only makes beer money very funny book and love the story how many of us go shop just to justify feeling better after we do this book is plucky and funny. A hilarious tale . if you to read something funny and entertaining then this a book to read."
- "I picked this up because I really love Can you keep a secret and I thought this would be just as well written and funny. Becky was really, really annoying and the overuse of the phrases wouldn't it, shouldn't it, doesn't it.. etc got really old really fast. I did smile at some parts but overall the story was the same thing Becky buys more stuff she doesn't need and finds new ways t"
- "About a third of the way through this book I almost threw in the towel. Rebecca was maddening in her stupidity and unexamined neuroses. I couldn't seem to stop, however: as much as she got on my nerves, I was still curious as to how things would turn out, so I soldiered on to the en"
- "Cute book. You can't help but love the main character Rebecca (Becky). You can totally relate to her and you will be laughing as you read her chaotic life. I would put this book as one of the best humorous romance books. I think Bridget Jone's diary as another one of the best. You'll just love these girls as they are a bit like yourself or someone you know."
- "I wanted to read this book before I watched the movie. Becky is a sweet, somewhat hapless character with good intentions but who clearly has a problem. Kinsella does a very good job developing her character and there is a lot of humor in the book. I feel like shopping is an addiction but Kinsella tries to make light of it in the story while still allowing her character to go through the struggle. Overall, it's a decent read for someone who wants something a little different in a romance novel."
- "My wife always references this movie and it's plotline is something most people can relate to. It's about how people feel the need to keep up a certain image in order to make themselves feel successful. It's one of the best chick flicks in my opinion."