This solution is ranked
in What are the best young adult novels written in verseRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels with violence and abuseRead user opinions
in What are the best books about substance abuse and addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels that deal with sex and pregnancyRead user opinions
in What are the best books about addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best YA novels with drug and substance abuseRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books to read when boredRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Ellen HopkinsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the saddest novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read dark young adult novelsRead user opinions
in What are the saddest novels for teensRead user opinions
What the community says about Crank
- "Kristina Georgia Snow is the perfect daughter: gifted high school junior, quiet, never any trouble. But on a trip to visit her absentee father, Kristina disappears and Bree takes her place. Bree is the exact opposite of Kristina -- she's fearless. Through a boy, Bree meets the monster: crank. And what begins as a wild, ecstatic ride turns into a struggle through hell for her mind, her soul -- her life."
There are no comments yet!
- "My ex-wife's family had a drug addict who they all protected (typical denial) and a lot of passages in this book reminded me of those people. While it was a bit troubling to read and re-live a lot of that bad chapter from my own past, I was also reminded of how happy I am that I no longer have to deal with them or their enabling behavior. Fantastic read, though a little poignant."
- "A great book on the subject. It is the first of three in the series. It is a bit different in that it is written as poetry, which is quite unique but takes a bit getting used to. It is heartbreaking to learn this is a semi true story written by a mother of an incarcerated daughter."
- "Probably one of my favorite books ever. I just love the style that she write in. Its a huge book and people are always like I can't believe you can read all that and then I show them and they understand. But it's so thoughtfully written, so much emotion, doesn't need to have a lot of words."
- "Crank is a very cleverly done story telling by the one and only Ellen Hopkins, and it does not fail to entertain at the same time keep the readers motivated into exploring more into the story of Crank. If you are looking for the best books ever generally, this can be considered one of my best books that I have read, simple."
There are no comments yet!
- #11 of 13
in What are the saddest novels"It does have a very high rating on the amazon site. Is it sad? That is certainly unclear from the same site. It does concern teen takes on drug abuse and parent problems. But it is hard to tell if it meets the level of sad like death and misfortune. Not a very clear or good solution"