This solution is ranked
in What are the best stephen King books set in Castle RockRead user opinions
in What are the best novels by Stephen king that are set in MaineRead user opinions
in What are the best non-horror books by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the most frightening books by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books written by Stephen KingRead user opinions
in What are the best Stephen King novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best horror booksRead user opinions
in What are the best American novels adapted into moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Cujo
- "There aren't many Stephen King books that are *not* set in Maine, but Cujo remains one of my favorites due to how different it is from so many of King's other works. Not so heavy on the supernatural, it reminds you of the potential horror that could be waiting when you see that unknown dog on your street, barking its fool head off at you, but also makes you think a bit more deeply about violence itself."
- "This is the exact opposite of the recommendation. Cujo is INDEED a horror book. If you're looking for good non-horror from him, books like Joyland, Dr. Sleep, that type of thing come to mind. Cujo was made to be scary though, so in this case, it's a horrible suggestion."
- "So Cujo comes from that era of Stephen King movies where the book could be intensely scary and the movie only a little scary. In this case there was only one part of the movie that startled me but the book is much scarier. Not as good as Carrie or The Shining but I believe reading anything of Stephen King won't waste your time! "
- "I am familiar with Stephen King novels, but not all of them. This website focused on his book, Cujo, and offered it for sale in various formats - paperback, hardcover, kindle, audible, and a couple of others. It provided a short synopsis and also presented the titles of other Stephen King novels. I liked seeing the other books as recommendations of what other books of his I might enjoy.""I am really into Stephen King novels and was looking for a new one to try reading. I was recommended Cujo and I was not disappointed. The story was really captivating and really kept me on the edge of my seat. I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great thriller!"
- #15 of 152
in What are the best horror books"The older people here will know all about this movie. The gentle family dog, that comes back after death as the crazed killer zombie dog. While the movie was a okay translation, it is nothing compared to the book. A far deeper story with much more back story awaits anyone that opens this book. This is truly one of King's best works. ""Stephen King writes an excellent story that really appeals to the emotion of the average person. We all have that one best friend that is like family to us and the friendship between Saint Bernard and Brett Camber in Cujo is one that epitimizes it."
- "Cujo is one of Stephen King's greatest works. Is highly known and extremely popular among Anyone who reads Stephen King. This book has also been turned into a movie and is regarded as one of Stephen King's most frightening films.It is not necessarily on a best of list for movie adaptations, but it certainly is one of Stephen King's best movie adaptation books."