This solution is ranked
in What are the best self harm novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books on self injury and overcoming itRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about real life issues for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books with selectively mute charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read dark young adult novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about substance abuse and addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best teen books about real problemsRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels set in psychiatric hospitalsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about self harm depression and suicideRead user opinions
in What are the best depressing booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Cut
- "While this seems like a great self help book for those teenagers/young adults facing cutting in their life, I believe it goes much deeper than this. It has great reviews, but this sort of thing is a very serious problem these days. I think the pain and despair needs to be addressed and get to the root of the issue that is being experienced. Yes, there are doctors that are there to listen and books to read, but prayer helps wonders and different programs for those teens. "
- "As the title suggest, this is about a teen who has mental issues and resorts to cutting. It can be heart wrenching and maybe a bit overwhelming, but if you stick with it, this can hopefully help someone or someone you know deal with their issues and get help."
- "I'm constantly browsing through my local B&N for the latest releases and also some good classics that I might have missed. I'm a fan of Patricia McCormick and I was surprised to find out that I had missed her 2002 release, Cut. I think I was probably busy with school and travels at the time but now having a chance to read through Cut I have to say I really enjoyed it. It's a heavy read as it covers issues about pain and cutting. A lot of this is stems from the main character who is suffering from mental issues. This is a complex subject that's difficult to tackle and might even be more difficult to read about. There's chapters on treatment and the facilities that the main character has to go through to help her with her issues. The subject is a fascinating one and it might be too much for a casual read in my opinion."
- "For starters, the title is terrible. These single word titles can be confused for anything, and searching for them online or in a library is difficult. As for the plot itself, it seems like a kid a misunderstood by the adults, and has to discover the solutions to her problems herself."
- "Cut is a story about a person struggling with depression and trauma. It follows a girl who cuts herself, is sent away to a treatment facility, and then find herself and her voice to overcome her issues. It's a rather interesting story, although it may be gruesome for some."