This solution is ranked
in What are the best YA books with third-person narrativesRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in PragueRead user opinions
in What are the best books about teen vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best books about angelsRead user opinions
in What are the best angels and demonsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about reincarnationRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about forbidden loveRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with mapsRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with blue coverRead user opinions
in What are the best brutal action novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with Gary Stu charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a mask on the coverRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with strong female leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended teenage booksRead user opinions
in What are the best modern romance books adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best young-adult audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the words blood or bone in the titleRead user opinions
What the community says about Daughter of Smoke & Bone
- "A great book with fantastic fantasy elements. It has a very original plot with several memorable characters. The book is part of a trilogy, so if you really like it, there is more to read. However if you do not particularly like fantasy, then you would be better suited reading something else. "
- "Daughter of Smoke & Bone is definitely a great book with so many awards and critics already. I have read it since I like fiction&horror books. Although the events are taking place at Prague, it does not have a significant role in my opinion. I was expecting to see a different book that is about Prague."
- " Daughter of Smoke & Bone has provoked a lot of chatter for a reason: it's great! This fantastical young adult tale is accessible to all audiences who love beautiful writing and deep storytelling. With a determined and strong heroine who is unafraid to do things on her own terms and a swoon-worthy love interest that is actually interesting, this is a wonderful mystery to settle into. "
- "I love books and am always looking for the next best thing. I'm particularly interested in books about angels. I recently stumbled upon the book "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" and was completely blown away. Everything about the book is great, from the unique characters, to the captivating story and self awareness lesson. I would totally give this game two thumbs up."
- "This story takes place in an unusual setting in Prague and has lovely imagery. The author's style is gorgeous and I found the story truly captivating due to her writing skills. It is fantasy book but it also has quite an engaging and twisted plot and can also be considered a mystery at the same time."
There are no comments yet!
- "This is an eery romance book. The teen is half monster, stuck in a battle between angels and demons. The romance aspect is in here, but more of a back burner side story. The main plot is the main character protecting the interests of her family and finding out who she really is. It's a really engaging and intriguing book. "
- "I first read this book when I was just out of high school, about five years ago, and just re-read it last week. The writing is beautiful and the story unique. Who doesn't want to read about a main character raised by a dark and mysterious character. Did I mention the main character is only half human and has to basically save our world as we know as darkness from other worlds start to seep in?"
- "I love immersive fantasy and worldbuilding, but I can get pretty sick of the same rehashes of Lord of the Rings. With Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor builds a world that sucks you in and it's not your standard fantasy fare. But beware, it has a dark edge to it. "
- "My daughter recently had an assignment to pick a "book with a blue cover" and do a book report on it. I thought this was very silly, yet interesting. Anyway, my daughter picked the book "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" because she is a huge science fiction fan. Surprisingly, she loved the book, and got and A on her assignment. I ended up reading the book too, and I enjoyed it. A good choice for science fiction/fantasy fans."
- "Laini Taylor is just amazing. Collecting teeth? Monsters and angels? War, love, betrayal, reincarnation... those are thematic of really great mythology and stories, and she was able to take all of those things and write a story that was unpredictable and beautiful. Obviously, I enjoyed the book immensely, and I want to know more about the other world. "
- "My best friend is a big fan of romance books adapted into movies. Together, we searched for the best modern romance books adapted into movies and wound up finding the book "Daughter of Smoke & Bone". It was a title that we that we would love, as we both like Laini Taylor and her writing style. Unfortunately for my friend, as he read the book he was extremely disappointed. The book didn't live up to our expectations and failed to impress us. I would recommend finding a different book that has been adapted into movies."
- "Daughter of Smoke & Bone is one of the best young-adult audiobooks. It is based in Europe and kind of has some simlar themes to Stranger Things. It is really well written and if you have a kid you want to get involved in books but doesn't love to read, this audio book is a great way to get them interested. "
- "This is a great book for young readers. It won many awards for being a rich storytelling masterpiece. The title "Daughter of Smoke & Bone" really hooks you, just as the first chapter of this book will. I am not what you consider a young reader, being a little older than the target audience. But I still found the story decently enjoyable and would recommend this book!"