This solution is ranked
in What are the best medieval historical fiction for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novels with strong womenRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy books set in medieval timesRead user opinions
in What are the best epic fantasy romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novles of the 1990sRead user opinions
in What are the best books with selectively mute charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with deaf, mute, and speechless charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best Celtic fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction set in UK and IrelandRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a traumatized heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with adventure and magicRead user opinions
in What are the best fairy tale fantasy books for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best fairy talesRead user opinions
What the community says about Daughter of the Forest
- "A beautiful work, combining folklore, history, magic, romance, and deep characters. Daughter of the Forest has a good plot and is well-written, but it is the characters that shine forth. The characters are much more than ink and paper. They touch you on a personal level and feel as if they should be real."
- "Daughter of the Forest is an award-winning novel and is a typically good example of a fantasy novel of the 1990s. The novel features elements typical of 90s fantasy fiction; history, romance, etc. The novel is a bestseller and has much literary praise and acclaim since its publication in the year of 1999."
- "I thought this was going to be a book about ONE deaf or mute person, but TRY SIX! After an evil spell, all of a girls' brothers are struck speechless! I don't know, that sounds supper fun to me! I have brothers, I'm not sure I'd break the spell --- but this book is on my to-read list this weekend!"
- "My family is from Ireland, so a lot of my favorite books are set in the Emerald Isles. I really love how Irish myths are used in this book, it gives it a unique and flavorful feel. All the characters are really easy to relate to. This is the perfect book to read if you want to feel more in tune with your heritage. "
- "I don't know if this is the best historical fiction novel, but it is one of the best historical fictions that integrates fantasy and romance. If that's your genre - this is a great book. There's a bit of action, an endearing main character, and a bit of romance. Marillier loves Celtic history and ancient paganism, so there's a lot in here as well. I've lent this book out and it's gotten good reviews from all of my friends. "
- "This book is fantastic and is a great introduction to the Sevenwaters series as a whole. This book mixes fantasy, romance, and history really well. Sorcha is a great protagonist and what she does to help her brothers makes for a interesting story. She must stay silent and complete her quest or else she'll lose her brother forever."
- "I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I love the combination of genres, and they all flow so well. I got this book because I thought it was going to be an easy read and would finish it in a few hours and I did. I read it and y daughter read it and she love it. We are looking forward to other series of these books. It's totally the best fairy tale fantasy book."
- #16 of 35
in What are the best fairy tales