This solution is ranked
in What are the best Lurlene McDaniel booksRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult fiction books about cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teens published in the 90sRead user opinions
in What are the best books about dealing with cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best books about sad romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about cancerRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books for adults and young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Don't Die, My Love
- "Julie Ellis and Luke Muldenhower have always been school sweethearts. Now both are in high school and deeply in love. Luke, a talented football player, is almost certain to receive an athletic scholarship to a top college. And no matter what her parents say, wherever Luke goes, Julie intends to follow. When Luke can't shake what he thinks is a virus, Julie persuades him to see a doctor. Luke's test results are alarming, but Julie believes their love is stronger than anything. Can love survive, now and forever?"
- "This is a beautiful and bittersweet book. The characters are well developed and the story line is well written. It is a touching story and definitely one that pulls on your heartstrings. Have some tissues close by because you'll most likely shed some tears. "
- "Oh my. I cried for half of this book. I haven't cried this much over a book since Bridges to Terabithia. The story starts out very normal, very run of the mill. But then the story takes a turn. Luke is dying. Love is more real when tested to its limits and this book explores those limits. It was sad. I won't lie to you. But life is sad sometimes. I recommend it."
- "Don't Die, My Love is a book that really hits home for me as someone who lost a close family member to cancer. It really reminded me of how I felt going through this process of watching someone wither away and eventually pass away. A great book for reflection but not uplifting if that is what you are looking for."
- "A typical love story about young people who fall for each other and then one becomes gravely ill. Very depressing in my view. I guess it is ok for young adults as it has plenty of angst. For me it was just not what I am looking for when I look to escape to read. It is a sad book."
- "This is a very sympathetic story about two teens that are in love. Luke has had a crush on Julie since they were young and they ultimately date in high school. Julie sees how Luke is often sick and when he goes to the doctor he finds out he has a tumor and is in need of chemo. "
- #34 of 129
in What are the best romance books"I would like to see some mention of the tragedy that this couple experiences within the solution. Young lovers usually don't see anything ahead except a life together. When their lives are impacted by such a tragic diagnosis, it changes everything. How will their love handle this crisis? Will their love survive? "