This solution is ranked
in What are the best sci-fi books for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi books with female main charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction books with feminist themesRead user opinions
in What are the best dragon shapeshifter books for gaysRead user opinions
in What are the best books with space dragons or alien dragonsRead user opinions
in What are the best sci-fi novels with female protagonistsRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in Jo Walton's Among OthersRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with dragonsRead user opinions
What the community says about Dragonflight (The Dragonriders of Pern)
- "Fantasy does not mean SCI-FI. The definitions are different and so are their subject matter. Dragonflight, while a great book, falls into the fantasy realm. SAD!"
- "Dragonflight opened me up to the world of Pern, and more importantly the world of science fiction! It's as fantastic now as it was when I read it in middle school 20 years ago. I go back and reread it every so often. Anne McCaffrey was a genius, and the world lost an amazing author when she left it. "
- "Dragonflight (The Dragonriders of Pern) is the best science fiction, feminist themes book I have read this year. Lessa has been through the murder of her parents and having her birthright stolen but still rises with the help of a dragon who understands her. This is a great book for anyone who likes a success from nothing story. I loved it!"
- "When it comes to science fiction, for the most part, men have always excelled in that area. In steps Anne McCaffrey, leaving the guys stumbling and scrambling to catch up. She excels in writing science fiction, which becomes all to obvious once you sit down to read her works. One for the gippet, she pays the ladies a solid. Reading Dragonflight transports one from the wonderful world of literature to feeling as though you are watching a blockbuster science fiction movie. "
- "I was not much of a reader but when my daughter was assigned this book as part of a book review she had to finish over the Easter Holidays I had no choice but to read it along with her so that I could better assist her to finish her book review and make sure she finished it on time. I was quite shocked to find that I enjoyed it a lot more than she did. It was indeed a very entertaining book. "
- "I was given this book as a gift, and I have to admit it took me quite a while to even pick it up to read. Neither romance nor dragons are a topic I look for in my novels, and I do read a lot. But as I felt ungrateful, not to mention had absolutely nothing else to read and it was kind of a last resort at the time, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I did actually enjoy the story. The bond between Pern and the dragon was fascinating."