This solution is ranked
in What are the best overrated young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with young adult vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic romance novel with submissionRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with ERead user opinions
in What are the best love story books between human and non-humanRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction book with unrealistic themesRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with one word titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels that start with letter eRead user opinions
in What are the best paranormal romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for middle school girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best popular romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that begin with c, d, or eRead user opinions
in What are the best books with supernatural powersRead user opinions
in What are the best books that take place in WashingtonRead user opinions
in What are the best books with cute teenage loveRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring hero and heroine with powersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to get over a break upRead user opinions
in What are the best intense and angsty romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about werewolvesRead user opinions
in What are the best supernatural booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books over 500 pagesRead user opinions
in What are the best books set in high schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best teen books with Native American storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with controlling, possessive, and sexy alpha maleRead user opinions
in What are the best modern romance books adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about abusive or controlling relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best ya romance books made into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books of 2007Read user opinions
in What are the best timeless supernatural fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best must read books in different genresRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring young and adult vampiresRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a superb plotRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage girlsRead user opinions
What the community says about Eclipse (The Twilight Saga)
- "I really enjoyed the movies so I bought the books too. I love the story overall. It's different, it's mystic, it's fantasy, it's exciting. I love the fight scenes in the book and I liked the dialogue between the characters. I found each character was well rounded in terms of personality and I loved the romance aspect of the story. This is definitely a book that I would read again. "
- "If you desperately want your teenager to get interested in reading books for fun, this is your last chance. Start with the first one in the series. But, I'm sure they'll continue reading til they get to this, the third book in the series. Sparkly, vegetarian vampires (well, as vegetarian as vampires can get). Rough and tumble Werewolves. Nothing says high school rivalry like Vampires vs Werewolves. An easy reading book that hooks you with it's flat, one dimensional characters, and will make you gag a little as you read about Bella and her obsession with Edward. But then, thinking about being a teenager makes you gag a little too now, doesn't it?"
There are no comments yet!
- "Undeniably popular and often controversial among literary critics, the Twilight Saga follows the love story between the human and vampire couple Bella and Edward. The third installment, Eclipse further explores the issues relating to this human and supernatural romance. From including more details of the greater vampire society, to addressing the conflicts between Bella's humanity and Edward's vampirism, this book continues the love story of these two."
- "Writing this review from when I purchased the book wayyyy back when (during the Meyer fandom uprising). Truly, the Twilight series is not as awful as everyone would have you believe. Ms. Meyer deserves credit for creating a story that uses both pre-existing fiction and incorporating unique elements that are still passable to a young adult reader. If you are reading between the lines, you might notice some of the leanings toward sex-shaming that I recall hearing criticism toward. However, guard yourself (or your reader) against taking this story or it's thematic elements to heart and enjoy the series for what it is: Fiction Fantasy. Enjoy! Everyone is allowed some fluff reading whenever they want. Reading should be a pleasure!"
- "Since this novel is the third in the Twilight Saga series, I was expecting a stronger Bella character. Though her development is noticed, there's still so much more to do to become a stronger woman people are trying to anticipate. Overall, this is my favorite book in the series. Very interesting than the first two. "
- "Girl gets boy. Girl loses Boy. Girl gets boy back, then defies him to hold hands and snuggle up with a “friend” who wants to break them up. As this series progresses, I like each book a little less than the one before. Only the amusing narration, bickering, and jibes; Alice’s child-like glee; and the more serious and intriguing developments with Victoria and the Volturi kept me reading. I thought Bella had made her choice in “New Moon.” I didn’t expect to see her conflicted in “Eclipse.” She got her prince, her angel, back, and now she’s having second thoughts about the wolf? Throughout the book, Bella’s feelings for Jacob are presented as friendship. She enjoys his company and her time among the Quileutes. . Then suddenly, we are told in Chapter 26 that she is actually in love with Jacob and tempted by the life he offers her. This revelation might have been more believable if we had indications that Bella saw qualities in Jacob that Edward lacked, or that a mortal life was starting to appeal to her."
- "I must make a confession: I am a history buff and when I think about books taking place in Washington state, my history desire began to burn. So my problems with Eclipse being one of the best books to take place there aren't fundamentally with the book, but with the genre: I am not particularly inspired by the experiences of vampires, nor do vampires make me think of Washington (I looked it up, it's about 5,500 miles from Seattle to Transylvania). Washington state is as historically rich an area as any in the world. What better opportunity to get to know it than through a book, like, say, Frank Matsura's photographic reproductions. I gave a few stars for Meyer's craftsmanship, but I think there are better books taking place in a REAL Washington environment."
- "Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight Series. I’d recommend starting from the first book, and it you are already considering this one chances are you have been bitten by the Twilight bug. I personally do not love the writing, but I can’t put this one down. Each of the three characters in the love triangle turns out to have magical powers as either a vampire, werewolf, or something else special, that become very useful against the evil vampires. I don’t want to give out many more details as it might spoil some of the fun in this book. Maybe we will finally get an answer on if Bella chooses Edward or Jacob. Which team are you on?"
- "Sometimes, we all need a little kick in the rump to get over a particularly nasty breakup. Suspending our own lives while getting lost in an author's fantasy land is a powerful coping mechanism, but unfortunately, nothing in the Twilight saga helped me during my time of need. This isn't particularly geared toward the breakup crowd, so while it's not an awful media franchise, it's not really fitting under this topic."
- "This is a third book of the Twilight saga Also I have seen the series that was in TV it is a great Movie and book. I gave it 5 stars Bella faces some challenges when it comes to her relationship between Edward she then has to choose him or his best friend which is Jacob."
There are no comments yet!
- "Eclipse is the third book in the Twilight Saga which at this point is one of the most famous series to ever be printed. After watching the movies I became interested in the books and found them to be far superior. If you like young adult vampire stories, this is one of the best."
- "Most people either love or hate the Twilight books. While you can argue back and forth about how well written they are, one thing is for sure, they're hard to put down. And this third Twilight book might be the best in the series. Goes even deeper into Jacob's backstory, and really had me hooked the entire time!"
There are no comments yet!
- "A classic tale of forbidden romance between two teenagers that come from different worlds. At times corny and overly dramatic, the Twilight series is best suited for young female teens, as a guilty pleasure perhaps. The characters are one dimensional and the story is nothing mind blowing, but if you are craving a cheap romance novel, with angsty vampire and werewolf teenagers fighting for the love of their lives, then this one will do nicely. "
There are no comments yet!
- "Eclipse just might eclipse the other two books that I have read in The Twilight Saga. I love this vampiric romantic epic so much that I have seen all of the movies! Nothing compares to the books, though! I get lost in the romance between Bella and Edward. It's one of the best book series out there that features young, adult vampires! Talk about coming of age, right? This time there's a love triangle involving a werewolf! Such bloody fun! "
- "I bought Eclipse because I wanted to read something on vacation. I thought it was really boring and I had trouble focusing on it. The plot seemed silly and poorly written to me. Eventually I ended up just leaving the book in the airport because it was putting me to sleep."
- "eclipse is a classic series that most teenage girls get into. the whole warewolf thing... and boys... it is good for woman to read this book. it will keep them away from them bad boys. "