This solution is ranked
in What are the best graphic novels for girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best graphic novels for middle schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best books for third grade boy readersRead user opinions
in What are the best mindblowing graphic novels for adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books about disabilitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for girls between 8 and 12 years oldRead user opinions
in What are the best books for second grade boysRead user opinions
in What are the best Graphic novels for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like SmileRead user opinions
in What are the best books for kids to read on summerRead user opinions
in What are the best books that every eight year old should readRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for ten year old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for ten year old kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for middle school girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for fifth grade readersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for 12 and 13 year old girlsRead user opinions
What the community says about El Deafo
- "I'm not sure this is 100% what I would put in this category but I Do find it an amazing novel that is beneficial to any and all teen girls. The overall story is about fitting in which is hard at that age no matter what your perceptions are. In the end, standing out is how this girl fits in. It's an important life lesson to anyone really.""The outnumbering positive reviews for this book says it all. If you try and use a search engine for the main problem, this book pops up. I am not familiar of the book but based on the whole premise of it, I feel like I need to purchase this book as a gift for my little daughter, this will fit her well."
- "A neat little book I wanted to pick up for my son. He's in third grade and has taken an interest in reading. He seems to like it a lot more then some of the books I had bought him before. I checked it out before I gave it too him and it seems to be a decent little book for kids. Worth checking out for your kids."
There are no comments yet!
- "El Deafo is truly best suited for about 8 year old children. Yes, it's is a comic book and not a book in its entirety but it teaches young kids a lot of valuable lessens. At that age, kids become members of certain societies, some of them have trouble to fit in and I believe, this book can give them a fresh perspective about life in general. "
- "If you're a ten year old girl, El Deafo is one of the best novels for you. It is a story about a young deaf girl who struggles to find friendship and a place among her peers. Her bulky hearing aid gives her not only the power to hear but some special ones that make her super."
- "A great book for kids looking for inspiration in their role models. The main character has a disability, in that she is deaf, but this disability turns her greatest weakness into her greatest strength. In akin to the popular "Daredevil" hero, she turns her hearing aid into her superpower, being able to hear pretty much anything, no matter how far away or soft it may be. The story inspires those experiencing such difficulties to overcome them and turn them into something positive."