This solution is ranked
in What are the best books which were Hugo Award winners and nomineesRead user opinions
in What are the best philosophical science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for older teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with ERead user opinions
in What are the best classic science fiction books of the 1980sRead user opinions
in What are the best novels that won the Hugo AwardRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for fantasy, sci-fi and mystery readersRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult novels that start with letter eRead user opinions
in What are the best Nebula Award-winning novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best futuristic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best military science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature escaping storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction novels from 1980 to 1990Read user opinions
in What are the best space opera booksRead user opinions
in What are the best 80s and 90s young adult booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a video games and virtual reality themeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for ten year old boysRead user opinions
in What are the best bildungsroman booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books about drug addictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books where the protagonist is a geniusRead user opinions
in What are the best books for INTJ personalityRead user opinions
in What are the best Classic books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Mass EffectRead user opinions
in What are the best post-apocalyptic teen fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best literary science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best science fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best kids Science Fiction talesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that begin with c, d, or eRead user opinions
in What are the best coming-of-age literatureRead user opinions
in What are the best ya fiction books set in academies or campsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books for college-bound readersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels with interesting plot twistsRead user opinions
in What are the best books which won Hugo and Nebula AwardsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in prep schoolsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read middle school booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Dystopian fiction of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books for young boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books showing the bond of siblingsRead user opinions
in What are the best Sci-Fi and fantasy books for teensRead user opinions
in What are the best science fictions about societyRead user opinions
in What are the best books similar to The Kingkiller ChronicleRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th century American novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobooks to listen toRead user opinions
in What are the best YA fiction set in an apocalyptic or post-apocalyptic worldRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read YA books for boysRead user opinions
in What are the best war novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read science-fiction and fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for geeksRead user opinions
in What are the best Books for teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction books for adults with a child protagonistRead user opinions
in What are the best fantasy novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Science fiction novelsRead user opinions
What the community says about Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet)
- "While I will admit that I am not the biggest Sci-Fi fan out there, this book does interesting and could go a few different ways in terms of plot development. The reviews are also very strong and I just feel Ender's Game could very much be an amusing and entertaining read, keeping my interest in what the fate our main protagonists will actually be. "
- "Ender's Game is without a doubt one of the most classic books from the 1980s. The series has won many awards including a Hugo and a Nebula. This is the first entry into the series and one of my personal favorites. It's about a young boy in a distant world who is recruited to an academy for battle training."
- "I found myself pulling for Ender Wiggin, the compelling young character of Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet) which is a science fiction version of Harry Potter. I found the writing to be good, and as I mentioned, the characters truly come alive. I think you will enjoy this tale of future earth as it is quite a fun read."
- "This is a very interesting book. Growing up, I remember reading all types of fiction and just strange books overall. This book is about an alien race and breeding smart/genius kids to become soldiers in order to get rid of them. I would probably enjoy this book a lot."
- "A Science fiction cult fan classic, the tale of Ender and his compatriots is a story of survival and warring factions. In the far future, humans have expanded their reach beyond Earth, in look of other sustainable planets to colonize, but suddenly an unknown race of intelligent species invades Earth, threatening to topple the humans home world for good. Ender, only a boy, is tasked with training with other groups of children to potential wipe out this species and secure Earth's future."
- "Amazing book from a great writer which captivated my attention throughout my reading. It combines many aspects of different genres from aliens to military training to things that you may possibly need in real life and is very appreciated and would be enjoyed by many."
- "I decided to read the book before seeing the movie, since books tend to be better than their movie counterparts. The dystopian world and government is frightening, and it's compelling to read how Ender navigates his world. He is a great character and I was very intrigued to find out what would happen to him. I plan to re-read this book again soon, and again and again! Looking forward to seeing how good the movie is."
- "Ender's Game is honestly one of my favorite books of all times. Whether you are looking for the best space opera or war book or young adult book, this is the one you need to grab. This is the only book I have ever finished the last page of then immediately flipped back to page one to reread because I enjoyed it so much."
- "This is a really interesting novel from a bildungsroman perspective. It is sci-fi, but the human element is so important. A brilliant young boy is at the center of the book. Despite his genius, he is not fully emotionally developed. Put him into an action-packed plot, and this becomes a thoughtful entry in the genre. "
There are no comments yet!
- "My favorite book where the protagonist is a genius is Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet). It's the first book in the Ender Quintet series by Orson Scott Card. It's an awesome science-fiction story about being trained in the military and combat to prepare for an alien attack. Ender is a great character. There are so many great characters in this book. I really recommend it!"
- "Enders Game is a classic and is a must read for any science fiction fan. I would especially recommend it if you're a fan of video games like Mass Effect. Sometimes it gets a little technical if you're not into really sciencey stuff but it doesn't take away from this being one of the best books for scifi fans. "
- "Topic is good but it's an odd topic title. The story is of a young boy in the future with the fate of the world resting on his shoulders, He is put through training so intense that he was able to think and react as a commander of military forces in time of war. The story was good, and there were interesting observations on war and peace, on brutality and kindness, on bullying and friendship"
- "One of my favorite books. I have read this several times over the last 15 years and enjoy it each time. It is a sci-fi story that very much reads like a "Harry Potter" coming of age story so I am sure Potter heads will love it too. There is a twist at the end I NEVER saw coming when I first read it in High School. I even named my cat Ender Wiggins to honor my favorite book character. Yes, there is a movie, and if you never read the book you will enjoy it but to be honest I enjoyed the movie more having read the book. That is rare, but it gave great visuals for what was hard to imagine in the book."
- "This book has a reading level as low as 6th grade. This means that it would be great for all school age kids but for someone heading to college it wouldn't provide much of a challenge. This book is easy to comprehend by anyone who has an 8th grade reading level so it wouldn't really help prepare college students."
- " military science fiction novel by American author Orson Scott Card. Set at an unspecified date in Earth's future, the novel presents an imperiled mankind after two conflicts with the "buggers", an insectoid alien species. this fiction novel attract the audience attention."
- "I read Ender's Game on the recommendation of a friend. I was really drawn into the world that Orson Scott Card authored. When you are fully able to grasp what is happening and the circumstances, you will fully comprehend just how dystopian the world that Ender lives in is. This is a seminal work in sci-fi, and a great read."
- "A lot of books about the bond of siblings get the inciting incident completely wrong, but that is not the case for Ender's Game. The book thrusts siblings into a perilous situation, which highlights the bond that they have in this book. Overall, I think it's really a paradigm of the genre, so I highly recommend it."
- "Ender's Game of The Ender Quintet is an amazing series aimed at a YA audience about a post-apocalyptic world. This first novel really fleshes out Ender as a character. The rest of the series focuses more on the world created by Ender. No sci-fi fantasy fan is complete without reading this series."
- #14 of 29
in What are the best war novels"Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet) is a war novel based on the character Ender. He is being trained in the military to combat and prepare against an alien attack. This book is highly rated with 4.5 out 5 stars. This book will capture your imagination and keep you interested throughout."
- #17 of 19
in What are the best books for geeks
- "I think this would be an excellent choice for any teenage boy due to the the psychological factors and moral dilemas of the hero's life in dealing with his family and situation. I think most teens will be able to identify with that and perhaps even benefit. Excitement and challenges kept me turning pages to the end."
- "I really love this book. I found it in my husband's stash and decided to give it a read without him knowing. I found the boy in there very interesting and provoking. I never even saw the end coming it was so thrilling. The story was well written and the characters very likable. "
- #28 of 142
in What are the best fantasy novels"I have long been a fan of fantasy series books and tend to rely on the advice of friends. The friend who introduced me to the fantasy genre, suggested Ender's Game and I was hooked from the first chapter. This book combines the world of training that Ender joins as well as his (changing) relationship with his family and new relationships he develops with his fellow trainees; all set against a platform of intrigue and fantasy. "
- "Ender's Game (The Ender Quintet) by Orson Scott Card is the best sci-fi fantasy book I have read. While not the biggest sci-fi fan, my son and I really enjoyed this book about alien attacks. I just became a sci-fi fan!"