This solution is ranked
in What are the best books to read if you liked Eleanor & ParkRead user opinions
in What are the best books for young adults about anxiety disorderRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic fiction novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction novels featuring characters with social anxietyRead user opinions
in What are the best young adult realistic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best teen fiction books about mental illnessRead user opinions
in What are the best metafictional novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction novels with a writer characterRead user opinions
in What are the best friends to lovers contemporary romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best college romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like John GreenRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary romance novels without instaloveRead user opinions
in What are the best slow romance novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best YA books with third-person narrativesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature twinsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with f, g, or hRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by Zoella (Zoe Sugg)Read user opinions
What the community says about Fangirl
- "Fangirl is a great coming of age novel that integrates themes of mental health. Anyone who has experience with anxiety will appreciate the honesty with which this tale is told. Cath goes on an intense, emotional, but ultimately educational journey as she transitions into adulthood--one we can all relate to. A wonderful book about growing up and letting go."
- "My daughter read this book but really didn't care for it. In fact, she only read half of it before putting it down for something else. So I'd say it's not something I would recommend."
- "Cath, the main character, is obsessed with Simon Snow. She reads and re-reads the Simon Snow series. It helped her cope with personal tragedy of her mother leaving the family residence. Now she's at college and her sister Wren will no longer live with her. Cath has to make it with a surly roommate and a professor who hates fan fiction books. Will she be able to leave Simon Snow behind and start out on a life of her own?"
- "I recently bought the book "Fangirl" as a birthday gift for a friend of mine, and I'm confident she will appreciate it. The book narrates the life of Cath, an adolescent that struggles to keep going on in a life full of hard times and difficulties. I suggest it to everyone!"
There are no comments yet!
- "Bought my daughter this book for her birthday. She is quite young still but this book helped her understand that life isn't entirely easy and things do happen. It can make her life hard and she realizes that now thank to this book. It's a modern day romance novel that isn't too overblown lovey dovey. She really liked it."
There are no comments yet!
- "Fangirl is a meaningful exploration of the nature of obsession, especially with young people. The motivations and feelings of the main character will be familiar to anyone who has loved a film or a singer or a book just a little too much. Her journey is one we can all relate to: of realizing the need to let go and grow up, and of how love doesn't have to be all-consuming."