This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance books with rich heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about sex addictsRead user opinions
in What are the best erotica booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with sociopathic heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best smut-themed booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with alpha males who do not share their womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dominating alpha malesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with dominating alpha heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read romantic seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best overrated romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dangerous bad boy leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for college girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read sexy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the hottest dirty talkRead user opinions
in What are the best books for couplesRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic novels with rich heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with f, g, or hRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction book with unrealistic themesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with modern day virgin heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with bad boy heroesRead user opinions
in What are the best modern romance books adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best books with dominant malesRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic fiction novels with spankingRead user opinions
in What are the best romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best erotic classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that take place in WashingtonRead user opinions
in What are the best bestseller books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best romances with abused or traumatized charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books from the hot listRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about abusive or controlling relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best Gift Ideas for Under $50Read user opinions
in What are the best popular romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Cheap Gift Ideas for GirlsRead user opinions
in What are the best adult romance seriesRead user opinions
What the community says about Fifty Shades Trilogy
- " really don't like writing bad reviews. I admire people who have the courage to put pen to paper and expose themselves to the whole world, especially those writing erotica. Having just finished this book, however, I feel compelled to write a review. About half way through the book, I looked up the author to see if she was a teenager. I really did because the characters are out of a 16 year old's fantasy. The main male character is a billionaire (not a millionaire but a billionaire) who speaks fluent French, is basically a concert level pianist, is a fully trained pilot, is athletic, drop dead gorgeous, tall, built perfectly with an enormous penis, and the best lover on the planet. In addition, he's not only self made but is using his money to combat world hunger. Oh yeah, and all of this at the ripe old age of 26! And on top of that, he's never working. Every second is spent having sex or texting and emailing the female character. His billions seem to have just come about by magic. It seriously feels like 2 teenage girls got together and decided to create their "dream man" and came up with Christian Grey."
- #1 of 104
in What are the best erotica books"While this subject matter is not my forte, I will celebrate the fact that E.L. James did one of the hardest things to do, as an author, and that is to open yourself up for the world to see. It is difficult to offer your fantasies and ideals to the world. E.L. James boldly took that chance and it has worked in her favor. She has found a following that seems very engaged and passionate about Christian Grey and all things 50 Shades. I was not completely sold on this series, personally. I write more chivalrous, gentlemanly, seductive male characters. But, I respect that Ms. James has taken such a controversial-type character and made him one of the most well known,most loved characters of our time. That takes talent. I felt Anastasia was beyond naive, and I got bored with her. But, as the numbers show, I may have missed something that so many others found. The subject matter was not something I could relate to, but, again, there seem to be plenty of people that could. As I read this book, I found myself thinking, "I hope all men don't assume that every woman wants this type of relationship. What if they all became Christian Grey?" and for that reason, this book was scary to me. I have a tendency to cherish the strong, protective men that have manners and respect. I may be out of my time. But, beyond that, it takes a lot to be bold enough to go where no others have gone. Ms. James did it and she changed so many things. I am thankful to Ms. James for giving so many other authors that are coming up behind her a new found freedom to "speak" to our readers. Further, I am thankful to her readers for demonstrating a desire for authors to "speak" to you. This series has turned the literary world on it's ear and has changed the way stories are told. I have a huge respect for everything E.L. James has done. Though the content does not fit my life, I respect her, as an author. I appreciate what she has done on so many levels. Therefore, I give this book 4 stars. I hope she continues to see the success this series has brought her."
- "If you want a series of books full of crazy, this is the one for you. "Romance" is loosely used in this context, but I suppose it qualifies. The three books encompass the story of Ana and Christian, and Christian is certainly a special kind of romantic hero. He's tortured, unpredictable, and filthy rich, and Ana falls prey to his charms. Well, not even charms. I can't honestly say I found him very charming. And the writing is not exactly grade-A. I wouldn't recommend this series to anyone who has anything better to do with their time, but I do commend Ms. James for writing something that got a whole lot of people interested in reading."
- "Loved the Fifty Shades series, although the books are much better than the movies. Definitely didn't like the Fifty Shades of Grey film, but the novel is much much better! I got this for my Kindle for under $20 and I read the whole thing in about a couple of weeks. Definitely read them in order too as it's a trilogy. You'll get lost if you read them out of order."
- "The Fifty Shades series is the best series with a dominate alpha hero. Mr. Grey is very mysteries, dominate, passionate, and thrilled. The Fifty Shades series will kepp you on your toes wanting more. The female character gives into his dominant side, but she's also sensitive to Mr. Greys' weaknesses. In turn, he gives her everything she desires. The books are amazing at expressing the role of a dominant alpha hero."
- "If I have been working for a news paper I would have given -5 stars. The book is complete Awesome. This story has psychology, power, intrigue, control, romance, hot sex and drama! There is literally something for everyone. and enjoy these books for what they are! At the end of the series, I didn't want the story to end, so I read all three books again 10 times. The characters are flawlessly constructed and the story is engaging. I diffinately recommend it. ★★★★★"
- "My girlfriend just finished up her spring semester at college and will have a little extra down time this summer. I wanted to get her a good book to help her pass the time, so I searched for the best books for college girls. I was recommended the "Fifty Shades Trilogy" by a friend so I decided to get the three books in the series for her. She has started reading them and cannot stop. She is addicted to the story of Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey and wants to see the movies as soon as she is done with the books. This was definitely a great gift for her!"
- "Fifty Shades of Grey is one strange book- not the best writing, but I still fell in love with Christian and Anastasia. This was my first erotica novel and first introduction to BDSM. It was soft enough to not scare me off, but with hard enough spank to keep coming back for more."
There are no comments yet!
- "I really wouldn't define this book as romance with bad boy heroes. It's really more erotica. It's about bondage and sex and very little romance. I read the first one just to see what it was all about, and I wouldn't even recommend it as a good erotica novel. If you're looking for a true romance book with bad boy heroes, trust me there's a lot of better ones out there."
There are no comments yet!
- "I don't expect great quality writing when I read an erotic novel so the Fifty Shades Trilogy suits my tastes just fine. The plot and characters may not be the best but if we're all being honest books like this should be judged by their sex scenes. This trilogy has the just the right amount of danger and excitement to satisfy fetishes people may not even realize they have. I know I was satisfied. "
- #8 of 129
in What are the best romance books"Now I can get three shades of Gray in a Trilogy three book series. Talk about some great reading. It can not get more intellectually and sexually stimulating than this in book form!""I tried, at least I can say that. This is the worst book I've read all year, and trust me, I read a LOT. I can see how some would like it, but I think it was really bad. ""I think that the Fifty Shades Trilogy was written poorly. It is still a popular romance novel so this is an alright solution."
- #10 of 16
in What are the best erotic classics"Fifty Shades will surely go down as one of the most popular erotic series that has ever been written, but the book itself is lacking in both superior writing and editing. It will not be considered a classic in any way that doesn't involve popularity, because it isn't the best written book at the end of the day."
There are no comments yet!
- "This isn't really the type of thing I was looking for and frankly I was rather surprised it was an option. I would have been more interested in non-fiction or a fantasy novel. This might be a solution for others but it was not my cup of tea. "
There are no comments yet!
- "I love these books. I find myself not being able to put them down. The love story is just captivating. Christian is only controlling in the very beginning. We see him start to change and morph into this loving and caring being as he falls in love. The story truly shows love can change a person for the better. "
- "After spending a great deal of time researching great gift ideas for my girlfriend that were under $50 I finally found the Fifty Shades Trilogy! My girlfriend is a fan of the first book in the series and I thought that it would be a great idea to get her the complete set so she can finish reading all three! The great thing about this gift set is not only the books, but the gift box they come in as well. This is a great gift for anyone who loves reading!"
- "This is a terrible book series. It's a romance novel that is, in no way, romantic. It features characters that the book seems to be actively daring you to not hate. They make choices that are completely inexplicable. It's characterized as a portrayal of bondage and S&M, and I suppose it is, but in a 101-level course kind of way. If you want a book that features romance, you can do better. If you want a book that features S&M, you also can do better. The best thing this book has going for it is the overall cultural zeitgeist that it seems to have captured. Because everyone knows about it, it's a fun thing to complain about. "
- "It would be hard to think of a better gift for girls than this Trilogy! As evidenced by the massive success of the movies, these stories seem to captivate a lot of them and I think it's something many would really enjoy. It really depends on whether or not they like to read, I guess, but if they do...this is a great (and inexpensive) gift idea.""I got this gift as a joke for a girl, because it was cheap and I thought she'd get a laugh out of it, here's what she said. It's stupid, it reads like a sixteen year old teenagers self insert erotica fiction with all the literary talent you'd expect from said sixteen year old. So yeah, I don't think she found it so bad it's funny as just bad. "
- "FIFTY SHADES OF GREY IS NOW A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE Now available as a three-volume paperback boxed set, E L James’s New York Times #1 bestselling trilogy has been hailed by Entertainment Weekly as being “in a class by itself.” Beginning with the GoodReads Choice Award Romance Finalist Fifty Shades of Grey, the Fifty Shades Trilogy will obsess you, possess you, and stay with you forever."