This solution is ranked
in What are the best books with a shocking plot twistRead user opinions
in What are the best books with unreliable narratorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with mentally ill charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1990sRead user opinions
in What are the best anarchist fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best fiction and nonfiction books set in DelawareRead user opinions
in What are the best novels from Oregon writersRead user opinions
in What are the best Gonzo booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with f, g, or hRead user opinions
in What are the best books with a better movie adaptationRead user opinions
in What are the best anarchist booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels with interesting plot twistsRead user opinions
in What are the best political and social satirical booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with violenceRead user opinions
in What are the best random books to read when boredRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Chuck PalahniukRead user opinions
in What are the best American novels adapted into moviesRead user opinions
in What are the best modern-day classic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best postmodern literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best dark books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books written in 1996Read user opinions
in What are the best books that inspired moviesRead user opinions
What the community says about Fight Club
- "It has been a popular trend in novels to use a unreliable narrator. The book Fight Club really excels in this. You will never know where this book is going and that is what I love best about it. If you like to be tricked, manipulated, and surprised, you will love this book."
- "I was working 8am to 7pm shifts for the past few years and I wanted to make sure I spend time in the evening with my 18 year old twin sons. I was looking for something exciting and magical to share with them while they read at night. I found this amazing book called "Fight Club" which is an amazing fantasy and thriller fiction novel by Chuch Palahniuk that describes how alienated men to use their anger and aggression to join a secret society called the Fight Club. The book was turned into a award winning movie starring Brad Pit. My sons absolutely love the story. Thank you!"
- "Fight Club is Chuck Palahniuk showed himself to be his generation's most visionary satirist. Fight Club's estranged narrator leaves his lackluster job when he comes under the thrall of Tyler Durden, an enigmatic young man who holds secret boxing matches in the basement of bars. There two men fight "as long as they have to." A gloriously original work that exposes what is at the core of our modern world."
- "Fight Club is a widely misunderstood classic. Criticizing everything from the alienation of modern society to the aggressive masculinity the protagonists take on to "fight" against it, Palahniuk pulls no punches. So effective is his satire that many fall for Durden's nihilism -- the subject of the book's scathing satire. Worth reading."
- "I was actually bored and just browsing books at the library when I came across this book. This was of course a movie as well; I didn't know that it was based off a book. Since I enjoyed the movie, I figured I would read the book as well. It definitely cured my boredom as the book delves much deeper into the emotions, feelings, etc. of living in modern society."
- "The movie's so well know it's hard to have not seen it first, unless you read the book when it first came out. But that doesn't make the book bad, just different. I rather enjoyed this, but I can't honestly be sure how much of that was what I already knew of the story and was thinking about as I read along. And the author has a really unique style in how he puts words on the page. Still, not bad, pretty creepy in the right places, and never a dull moment."
- "The first book was amazing, as we all (should) know. This is pretty great, but so... different. Which isn't a bad thing. Clever (see what I did there? No? Oh, just read it, already...) and brilliant. The book made my heart happier than the graphic novel does, but that's whatever. This is something special and I dig it."
- "This is a book that has been out for over a decade. About a thousand people have read it, and most of them have given it a good Amazon review. It seems to be a book enjoyed by many, but should not be categorized as a best of book because it is not widely popular."
- "Not only a thrilling tale of almost believable proportions, Fight Club has almost made the leap from cult classic to mainstream lore. Chuck Palahniuk's interesting story of an underground 'Fight Club' has twists and turns galore as it spins the plot through multiple psychological zones and, without spoiling the ending, leaves the reader with a big question mark and a grin on their face in the finale. Highest marks.""Best dark books of all time is a difficult choice but definitely I would consider Fight Club as a candidate. Many people know the book from the movies, but the book is better than the great movie. Even if you know everything about the movie, you should definitely read it."
- "Of the many great books that turned to movies fight club is in my opinion one of the best. The director of the film does a fantastic job of turning the novel into a visual masterpiece. They stay true to the novel and there are no ridiculous differences that you sometimes find in these adaptations. Highly recommended!"