This solution is ranked
in What are the best books featuring VikingsRead user opinions
in What are the best Romantic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best Viking romancesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance with pregnant heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best historical romance books with captive heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books about warriorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books where the hero hates the heroineRead user opinions
in What are the best revenge-themed romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read if you like Nicholas SparksRead user opinions
in What are the best Romance novels by Johanna LindseyRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with captive or stolen characterRead user opinions
in What are the best old school historical romance booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Fires of Winter (Haardrad Family)
- "I found Fires of Winter to just be...okay. It's got the vikings, it's got the romance, it's got the steamy scenes and the action and the snappy dialogue. It's got all those elements. It's not a bad book. Yet, ten seconds after putting it down, I realized I couldn't recall one great line, one interesting scene, one thing that I thought, wow, I haven't read that before. And that was ultimately my impression here. I've read this book before. Maybe not this book exactly, but every single element in it. There is nothing new here at all."
- "Fires of Winter (Haardrad Family) is a wonderful literary work that takes us back to the days of Vikings. This is a powerful and strong story of Johanna, her struggles, romance and expanding family. I loved this story and the setting."
- "This book is a somewhat historical fiction about Vikings. I found it to be a little bit cliche and unrealistic. The characters were mildly interesting but I found the story to be too fast paced to really get into them. I found the rape scenes to be inappropriate but I know that it did happen in those days. I just think that the story needed to be a little more realistic. "
- "This is not a book for today. It is not a book for the #metoo era. It's not a book for anything these days. The last thing we need is another man exerting dominance over his concubine. I hated it."
- "This is a very well-written book in the romance genre, that also incorporates themes of revenge. The book crafts an intricate tale in a Celtic setting, perfect for those interested in similar kinds of books/media. The first book of a series written by the same author, it easily can be given the title of best revenge-themed romance book."