This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by Chetan BhagatRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by Indian authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for middle school studentsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read amazing booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for teenagersRead user opinions
in What are the best must read books in different genresRead user opinions
in What are the best books for older teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books for adultsRead user opinions
What the community says about Five Point Someone
- "Five Point Someone: What Not To Do At IIT is Chetan Bhagat s debut novel that presents a dark and humorous perspective on the Indian education system. Set in the premises of IIT, the story revolves around three students who become friends while struggling to keep their place in this highly esteemed institute.The book doesn't tell you the ways to get into IIT or to survive it but it tells you how bad things can be if one doesn't think straight. "
- "I bought this book on a whim of sorts, to try a new author that I have not yet before and I could not be happier that I took that leap. This book touches on serious topics but is written wonderfully and keeps the reader engaged. It is definitely deserving of any and all acclaims it has received. Highly recommend!"
- "Bought this for my son on recommendation from this site that said it was great for kids. I'm left wondering "why is this for kids"? It's very niche and takes place in india and is about the education system there. I'm not saying this isn't a decent book for a kid, but I don't see why it's labeled for Teens. I read it before I gave it to him and found it to be mediocre but harmless."
- "Quite a phenomenal book if you're looking for something out of the norm. The writing was great and it really opens you up to different cultures around the world, in this case it's about India. I heard there was a movie based on this book so I plan to check that out too. This was well worth the read."
- "I found the book, 'Five Point Someone' by Chetan Bhagat, a great story of how young people struggle for education. Life isn't easy, and when it comes to the three young men in this novel, it takes you to an entire new level of "Holy Crap." It's a funny and dark new twist to lives of guys trying to make it to the top."