This solution is ranked
in What are the best postcolonial literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best contemporary literary works written by black womenRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature African safari and cultureRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by Nigerian authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books by authors under 30Read user opinions
in What are the best colonial and post-colonial literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction books with black leadsRead user opinions
in What are the best books from the African Writers SeriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by black authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best colonialism books for college studentsRead user opinions
What the community says about Half of a Yellow Sun
- "I THOUGHT THIS BOOK WOULD BE INTERESTING TO READ BECAUSE IT IS A STORY BASED IN AFRICA AND IT MIXES AFRICAN BELIEFS INTO THE STORY LINE. ONE PRO ABOUT THIS BOOK IS THAT IT CONTAINS SIZZLING SEXUAL SITUATIONS BETWEEN ITS CHARACTERS. ONE CON IS THE FACT THAT IT IS NOT GOOD READING MATERIAL .THIS STORIES SOUNDS BETTER AS AN AUDIO BOOK."
- "This was an interesting read I enjoyed. The changes in the characters and in the environment were such a compelling read I didn't want to put it down. I felt like I could relate to many aspects of the characters so much. I also appreciated the author's writing style. It made it easy to follow. ""Half of a Yellow Sun is perfect for you if you're looking for a Nigerian author writing historical fiction. A great read for anyone, really who is interested in a novel with historical touches about a group of people trying to keep their nation together."
- "This book is a very great read. It is a historical fiction, and its details are accurate enough that you could believe it took place when it did. It tells the story of five people trying to keep their nation, the now-defunct Republic of Biafra, alive. The story of survival and perseverance is told well here and you feel for the people involved. Well-written, this book was very enjoyable."
- "Every single African achievement relates to political rights, if not athletics. There are no books celebrating true achievements by blacks, because there are none. There are no black inventions or innovations. There is just an endless fight."
- "I try to find books by every race when I am reading. I like to have a variety of everything. I think the best one I have come across that was written by a black author was Half of a Yellow Sun. It has a really interesting story and really kept me reading more and more even when I needed to put it down. "