This solution is ranked
in What are the best picture books about writingRead user opinions
in What are the best espionage-themed books for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for ten year old girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with names in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best children's books with a 1960s settingRead user opinions
in What are the best childrens books with a New York City settingRead user opinions
in What are the best children and YA books from the 80's and earlierRead user opinions
in What are the best mysteries for young readersRead user opinions
What the community says about Harriet the Spy
- "There are so many books written today that lack the quality of literature on generations past. Harriet the Spy is a work written for young girls that is relevant and modern. Yet it also gives girls a sense of an older, simpler time. The conflicts in the book and the mistakes that Harriet makes continue to have teaching impact for young ladies today. "
There are no comments yet!
- "This is a beloved and well known children's book, from a renowned author. The time in which it was written was the 60s and 70s, but the setting is not as explicit, so I don't know that this is exactly what I'm looking for here. This is still a wonderful and creative book for kids, that does also evoke the sense of a 60s setting."
- "Harriet the Spy is considered one of the best children's books with a New York City setting. It is a good read for the 8-12 age group as it deals with emotions and hurtful feelings. It tells the story of a little girl who ended up doing something hurtful to her friends and has to deal with the aftermath. It is a good lesson in being truthful, being honest and being a good friend."
- "Harriet the Spy is a classic piece of young adult literature. I couldn't wait to share this book with my daughter as soon as she was old enough. I love being able to compare my interpretation of the story as an adult with my daughter's views. We've learned so much about how each of us views friendship and responsibility. I think every kid should read Harriet the Spy. There are great lessons to be learned."
- "Harriet the Spy was given to me as a suggestion for my search on the best mysteries for young readers. With over 300 reviews at 4.5 stars out of 5 this is a wonderful suggestion. I believe I recall the Harriet book from some of my older children and with the many purchase options this is a keeper."