This solution is ranked
in What are the best books of Gary PaulsenRead user opinions
in What are the best action and adventure books for kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best high level reading booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books written in 1987Read user opinions
in What are the best recommended books for 4th to 7th grade boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books for third grade boy readersRead user opinions
in What are the best classic books for the 90s kidsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels about survivalRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the great outdoorsRead user opinions
in What are the best books with trapped or stranded charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books for ten year old boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books for kids to read on summerRead user opinions
in What are the best books for fifth grade readersRead user opinions
in What are the best Books for teen boysRead user opinions
in What are the best middle school classicsRead user opinions
in What are the best books that received the Newbery medal or honorRead user opinions
What the community says about Hatchet (Brian's Saga)
- "I was glancing through this for my son, who has been having some difficulties with more complex reading exercises. It's well written, but I'm a bit concerned about some of the content. It really seems to get into slut-shaming territory, making it seem as if a woman can't have wants and needs, and how it's some terrible secret if she acts on those. "
- "This is a best seller and Saga 1 book. Looks like a very interesting wilderness book for any reader/early tween/teen. It does have quite a few pages, but looks as though it keeps the reader interested thru out. Love that it offers up so many versions to read/purchase."
- "I read this book myself in elementary school and really enjoyed it, and now my son is at the age where I get to share it with him. This book left an impression on me after all these years. It's that good. This was probably the first book I ever read to really sparked an interest in nature and survival, and I hope it does the same with my child."
There are no comments yet!
- "My son checked this book out from the library and loved it so much he insisted I read it as well. I am so glad he did because this book is amazing. There is lots of adventure and it is almost impossible to put down. It is a great book for readers of all ages. "
There are no comments yet!
- "I think that Hatchet (the first book in Brian's Saga) written by Gary Paulsen is a really good book. It's a story of survival with 13-year-old Brian using his wit and will and his hatchet to persevere after a plane crash leaves him alone in the Canadian wilderness. He makes plenty of mistakes, but he learns. The book kept me focused and on edge, worrying about Brian. The only thing that I didn't really like was his thoughts about his parents divorce. It felt unnecessary. Otherwise, it's a really good Newberry Honor book."