This solution is ranked
in What are the best books set on a mountainRead user opinions
in What are the best books for kids written before the 1950sRead user opinions
in What are the best books with names in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best Stepping Stones classic books for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best classic Christian books for 5th gradesRead user opinions
in What are the best children's historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books about orphansRead user opinions
in What are the best books for nine year old childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the Whole Story SeriesRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage Christian girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best German literature for childrenRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books from my childhoodRead user opinions
in What are the best books with one word titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian friendly fiction books for tweensRead user opinions
in What are the best books that feature family relationshipsRead user opinions
in What are the best classic children talesRead user opinions
in What are the best educational literatureRead user opinions
in What are the best books originally written in GermanRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read series for children ages 6 to 12Read user opinions
What the community says about Heidi
- "I picked up Heidi to see what was the fuss about when a friend kept on nagging me to get this book thus I did. I have to say Heidi is a pretty great novel that features a girl and her grandfather on a mountain. The novel is filled with adventurous life of Heidi from being on a mountain to going to the noisy place we call a city. Getting this novel won't leave you disappointed I know I wasn't. Would highly recommend you to give this book to a daughter or girl. It would be a great read for them."
There are no comments yet!
- "I liked reading this book to my younger cousin. It is a great book to enjoy with kids. A spunky a likable protagonist that kids can relate to is a huge positive. I really thought that the overall plot was great and that character development was smart. Some more serious readers may not like the book as much."
- "Heidi is a joy! Every time I read this I get the urge to go give my grandfather a visit! It is a lovely story about a young girl in the charge of her grandfather in the Swiss Alps. From here we meet the many 'servants' and the shenanigans ensued by the young Heidi. And of course thinking of Shirley Temple in her roll in the major motion picture always puts a smile on my face!"
- "Heidi is a perfect solution for best German literature for children, because it is a classic novel about a young girl who lives with her grandfather in the Swiss Alps. She is a playful and contented girl, and just like any kids, she experiences typical struggles that she learns how to overcome. "
- "If you're looking for the best educational literature, there's a chance that Heidi may not be the solution for you. It's a fictional novel about a young girl who lives with her grandfather in the Swiss Alps. I wouldn't consider this book to be read for educational purposes, however, it might be a good read for entertainment purposes. "
- "I remembered reading this as a child and being a little put off by the preachiness of some elements. I could feel the intention of my grandparents giving me the book to make me understand how spoiled a child I was and how others kids faced much harder challenges. In general, those stories written for children and larded with moralistic considerations don't sit that well with a lot of kids who get annoyed at the heavy handed lesson giving. But often, as is the case with Heidi, a novel will transcend its flaws and reach its audience through vivid descriptions and down-to-earth details that make the story jump up from the page and become real. Re-reading the book as an adult, I was won over by the exoticism of the location (the Alps, pastures, cowbells!) and its antiquated charm."