This solution is ranked
in What are the best books by Francis SchaefferRead user opinions
in What are the best ethnographic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for thinking ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best seminary booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books for coping parentsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books about marriageRead user opinions
in What are the best christian historical fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best christian booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Christian audiobook novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for Christian womenRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best timeless classic books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best historical fiction books for ChristiansRead user opinions
in What are the best books for teenage Christian girlsRead user opinions
in What are the best inspirational books for ChristiansRead user opinions
What the community says about How Should We Then Live?
- "This is a very good book for learning more about why society is becoming less Christian. The author uses history as a lens to analyze popular thinking and morals of today. He makes a good argument on why we should change our thinking to reflect more on thoughts of the past."
- "This is a pretty interesting book and it was a very in depth look into Christianity and marriage as a whole, it explores a lot of different areas but I would say that I really read this a lot to get a better grasp on how marriage works and the in depth looks into it. It's a very good book!"
- #11 of 81
in What are the best christian books"This is a really good read. similar in some ways to 'The Religions of Man'. Very insightful. But one thing that must be mentioned is that this current age is not on the same track that we've been heading. This is an age of vast change, and, as such, cannot be likened to what has come before. This era is completely different.""I have been going through a rough time and my friend thought I needed a good Christian book about Heaven and Faith. She gave me How Should We Then Live? and I was not able to put it down. This book made me much more self aware and had me questioning my beliefs. It made me see things from a different perspective, without coming across as preachy. This book has really helped me and I would recommend it to anyone, whether they are religious or not. ""This book should be very interesting. I am a Christian and learning about the history of Christianity is always rewarding."
- "While slightly date, How Should We Then Live? holds up as a fascinating look at the history and development of Christianity. This book is well worth the listen, to Christians and non-Christians alike."
- "This book has very thorough research behind it. It conveys the message of why we are in this position and how can it be fixed. It is a great read for people of any age. It has opened my eyes to many things. We are often very busy with life around us and don't have a moment to think, but with this book that talks about Christianity and world it made me reevaluate my priorities and look on the things in better way. "
There are no comments yet!
- "This is a fascinating read for anybody interested who is concerned with the increasing rate at which Christian values are being crowded out and ignored by western civilizations. While this novel was originally published over 40 years ago, the parallels it draws to the past serve to illuminate the ever present forces which can detract citizens from Christ's message""It is a wonderful fbook to explore and understand the history of Christianity. I wasn't familiar with this topic it all, but this book familiarized me with many many interesting topics. I highly recommend it to anybody interested in the history of Christianity"
- "Being a Christian I definitely like to read Christian literature and seek out books that fit that topic exclusively. Finding How Should We Then Live? has been an absolute joy as it really made me think about Western Culture especially through a historical lens. How Should We Then Live is by far the best historical fiction books for Christians."
- "Picked this up for my daughter since she has taken an interest in Christianity. So far she really enjoys it and because of it has taken a deeper interest in the subject. She did say the book is pretty long, but didn't intend it as a complaint. Overall it seemed like it was worth the purchase so I can't complain."
There are no comments yet!