This solution is ranked
in What are the best coldness-related book titlesRead user opinions
in What are the best books written by journalistsRead user opinions
in What are the best Scott Brick-narrated audiobooksRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction books according to The New York TimesRead user opinions
in What are the best true crime booksRead user opinions
in What are the best reading list of Spencer ReidRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by the ALA Think TankRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read books for 2018 according to EsquireRead user opinions
in What are the best legal thrillersRead user opinions
in What are the best books with the words blood or bone in the titleRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books by Sam HarrisRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery-thriller booksRead user opinions
in What are the best suggested nonfiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by American authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended books by David BowieRead user opinions
in What are the best books with titles that start with i, j, or kRead user opinions
in What are the best intense books that are difficult to finishRead user opinions
in What are the best fast-paced mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Scott Wilson movies and TV showsRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books that read like fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read non-fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Southern gothic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best 20th century American reading listRead user opinions
in What are the best books featuring AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best modern-day classic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best crime and mystery booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books that influenced AmericaRead user opinions
in What are the best narrated audiobooksRead user opinions
What the community says about In Cold Blood
- "I didn't understand this book. I got through the first chapter or two, but I was trying to read books about cold weather and cold climates and this just wasn't the answer for me. I didn't find the writer's style particularly engaging and they didn't give me much of a reason to continue reading. This is really a book for true-crime devotees and not many others. I don't think that this is something for general readers or anyone who wants a truly compelling story or really engaging voice. "
- "This book is terrifying. It is an older book, but still is chilling. It literally gave me nightmares way back when - it was first published many years ago and is still relevant. Only read it if you can stand real fear though, because this book is probably the first I read (like I say, many years ago - now we all know this) that really awful things can happen to anyone at any time."
- "I haven't listened to a lot of audiobooks as I like to create the characters "voice" in my own head. Most of us know the story surrounding In Cold Blood. I've seen a dozen documentaries on it myself. I thought I had heard and experienced it all. Nothing lends itself to this book as well as the narration of Scott Brick to this book. It's absolutely chilling, but perfectly so."
- "I was amazed at how much I enjoyed this novel. I expected it to be very straightforward and boring with just facts, but it told a story. It really kept my interest. I was captivated by the way the author recounted what happened. I almost forgot that it was a true story. The descriptions were great, it made me feel like I was there and it was just all unfolding before me.""This book was chilling and interesting all at the same time. It satisfied my morbid curiosity for the time being. It was an interesting read! ""Truman Capote's classic murder tale is a chilling look in the violent nature of America. His story telling skills will shock and astound you."
- "I was in the market for a nonfiction true story of crime in the USA. I found this book on amazon website and bought it on a whim. I was instantly hooked. I do recommend this book to anyone who likes nonfiction crime stories. ""Awesome book if you are familiar with Truman Capote and all of the bad things he had done prior to capture, this book is a must have for die hard crime fans."
- #2 of 139
in What are the best crime books"In Cold Blood is one of my favorite murder mystery books. It's the perfect style of story that fits those wanting to look for crime books and leaves the reader wanting to read more. I recommend everybody read this book and enjoy the story and thoughts behind it.""I'm looking for the bests crime books and I feel like this one is a good choice for that. It seems like a real classic book and will fit exactly what I want so I think this is a good solution.""In cold blood is widely seen as one of the better crime related books. It will keep you on the edge of your seat and wanting more. You won't be able to put it down once you start reading."
- "Cold blood is an superb topic that its defines us that the murder had been made within few minutes before, loosing blood is only the conclusion for the violence it says, no other way to get solutions for hypertension and its not possible to be non violence in all sorts of activities, author explains the murder in new way which show us the incident both to mind and vision. "
- "They say the classics never die and In Cold Blood is testament to that. Originally published in 1966, In Cold Blood is just as suspenseful as ever. Capote's masterful writing brings the characters and drama to life in this murder thriller. I picked this novel up and I couldn't put it down until I was done!"
- "My mom is really into legal thrillers! Like obsessed with crime and true crime stories. Which lead me to the Christmas present I got her last year, In Cold Blood. This book is the story of a murder investigation that lead to the capture of the murderers. She really enjoyed the book, but for me some of the details were a bit much.""Though frequently hailed as the first great true-crime writers, Capote's journalistic impartiality and commitment to truth have been called into question over the years. In Cold Blood is certainly a fascinating read though it's hard to take Capote's observations at face value."
- "This is a great book. Sam Harris made a great recommendation with this book. This book has everything you need to keep me in suspense. I really enjoyed it!"
- "This is the book written by Truman Capote which the critically acclaimed biographical film titled "Capote" was about. After watching the film I had to read the book, just to see what things were like on the other side of the story, and I have to say, I was impressed. Even for a literary juggernaut like Capote, the book leaves a lasting impression."
- "I was really impressed by this book. I read it as a part of my college's book club and we all loved it. We allowed ourselves two weeks to read the book before we would discuss it openly. I finished it in about a week and so did the other members. I enjoyed the murder mystery, but I liked the psychological elements a lot more. It allowed me to get into the mind of a killer, but my club members enjoyed the murder mystery more when we discussed it. That is the great thing about this book; people can enjoy many different things about it, which is why I understand the praise it received from David Bowie."
There are no comments yet!
- "An American horror story in the execution of a family. The real-life drama and solving of the crime unfolds effortlessly in this story. It is very well written and kept my attention throughout."
- "I was working 8am to 7pm shifts for the past few years and I wanted to make sure I spend time in the evening with my 18 year old twin sons. I was looking for something exciting and thrilling to share with them while they read at night. I found this amazing short novel called "In Cold Blood" which is an amazing book filled with horror, true crime, and psychological thriller subplots by Truman Capote who describes the griping account of a capture, trial, and the corporal punishment of a violent sadistic killer. The book was turned into an award winning movie. My sons absolutely love the story. Thank you!"
- "The best 20th century American reading list includes "In Cold Blood", which is the story of a murder and the investigation that leads to the capture, trial, and execution of the killers. Boasting an average customer rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 1,840 Amazon customer reviews, I would strongly recommend this book.""I don't see where this says it's a best 20th century American reading list but it's got good reviews and it takes place during the 20th century so it's safe to assume that it's on that list. This book tells the story about American Violence which is a prominent topic in America. ""I read this book and came away slightly disappointed. Truman Capote paints a vivid picture of an American nation gripped by a violent and heinous crime. However, would I say that an American 20th century reading list should focus so much on violence? No, I would not."
There are no comments yet!
- "In Cold Blood by Truman Capote is one of the best examples of a recent classic, and stands as one of the very best true-crime novels ever written. I read this book for a literature course I took in school many years back, but I can still recall how it made me feel, and how it so completely engrossed me. Not only was it an entertaining page turner, but it also made many astute observations about American crime."
- "I am a huge fan of True Crime and I take any chance I can get to watch a documentary or listen to a podcast on the subject. I wanted to expand into books on this topic and a friend recommended In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I thought this book was well written and really transports you back to the era when these murders took place. I liked the narrative of the story and how in-depth Capote went into the details."
- "It's an interesting book, the peaceful cover hiding a macabre story. Capote's description of the crimes committed is very real and I couldn't put the book down after starting it. If you're into murder and detective stories this is a good book. If you don't have the stomach for such things, it's probably not for you. I wouldn't recommend it for general readers."