This solution is ranked
in What are the best non-fiction books about solitudeRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books that read like fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books dealing with deathRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs that are better than fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Jon KrakauerRead user opinions
in What are the best microhistory booksRead user opinions
in What are the best extreme adventure books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best books set on a mountainRead user opinions
in What are the best novels from Oregon writersRead user opinions
in What are the best novels for backpackersRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction books according to The New York TimesRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the great outdoorsRead user opinions
in What are the best high lexile books for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best books-about transcendentalismRead user opinions
in What are the best books written in 1996Read user opinions
in What are the best must-read biographies and memoirsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about natureRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs, biographies, and autobiographiesRead user opinions
in What are the best suggested nonfiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with trapped or stranded charactersRead user opinions
in What are the best books about teen rebellionRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best historical non-fiction books for boysRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read non-fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best non fiction adventure booksRead user opinions
in What are the best True survival storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books about real life storiesRead user opinions
What the community says about Into the Wild
- "After viewing the movie "Into the Wild", i was curious if more detailed information could be found. I stumbled upon the book by Jon Krakeur and was not disappointed. I thoroughly enjoyed this non-fiction book even more so than the movie. The author captures the characters reactions dealing with the death of the main character effortlessly. "
- "Into the Wild is certainly a well-written and captivating memoir. However, I believe it is debatable whether it is superior to fiction. As a woman who loves large cities and modern comforts, I found it hard to relate to Christopher, his motivations, and his journey."
- "Into the Wild is the story of Christopher McCandless and most people will be familiar with the movie by the same name. It's a great story of adventure and allows the reader to transport themselves into another place. McCandless is a controversial topic among outdoorspeople but I thought the book was a great read. "
- "This non-fiction book has an interesting story about a young ma called Christopher who left his life to start a new one. Some parts were sad and others made me smile but all in all, It was a fascinating story for me and I enjoyed it."
- "Another murder mystery book, this is a great read for those who like mystery thrillers. True story about Chris Candless, a stressed out roustabout who suffered from depression. Reading about his life and obstacles will give you a greater appreciation for the little things in life, such as food, water and a place to stay."
There are no comments yet!
- "This book is very intense. I suggest reading this book during vacations, and i am sure you it will impress everyone. It has very exciting stories and situations, with many different characters and it will engage your imagination in maximum, and will give you a lot of strength and desire to challenge all difficulties of life"
- "I adored this book. It's a wonderful tale of self discovery that inspires readers to reside in the moment. I was filled with a call to nature after reading Into the Wild, daydreaming of lush forests, beautiful lakes and that solace that only untamed nature can provide. "
- "Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer is the tale of the path that Chris McCandless's troubled life took. It is an insightful look into his mind's eye. I liked the movie based on this story and this book definitely answered some of the questions that I had. It is not for those who are faint of heart."
- "This story is both sad and uplifting, focusing on the liberation of a young man who sets out to learn about his identity in the wilderness. The conclusion is well-known beforehand, but what happens in the time between is where the true story lies, and I recommend it to anyone interested in nonfiction stories about human nature."
- "The book Into the Wild is one of the best books i've read this year. Into the Wild explored themes of man versus nature and the role capitalism can play in limiting our freedom. The book takes the reader through a young man's desire to free himself from adult responsibilities, a toxic family, and a life he never desires. It is thus one of my favorite books and Christopher's story resonates strongly with how I felt after graduating college. "
- "Into the wild is a interesting book about teen rebellion but nothing special. Although it is a non-fiction book I found it to be somewhat boring and predictable. I finished the book but more then likely won't read it again. There are better options in my opinion. "
- "Best read with a grain of salt, this tale is about a man who decides to follow in the foot steps of two of his own personal heroes and leave the materialistic life behind. In doing so he disappears from the face of the modern world, leaving his family unawares and wandering into the wilderness in search of the freedom he desires. His journey eventually takes him north into Alaska where he would meet an untimely end in the wilds. A strong tale of self discovery, one would say this book acts as more of a warning. Self discovery is great, but trekking across Alaska with nothing to your name will almost always end with your body being discovered by a moose hunter."
- "I love books and am always looking for the next best thing. I'm particularly interested in books based on true survival stories. I recently stumbled upon the book "Into the Wild"by Jon Krakauer and was completely blown away. Everything about the book is great, from the main character Christopher Johnson McCandless, to the captivating story about starting a new life in the wild to his unforgettable death . I would totally give this book two thumbs up."
- "This book was a beautiful story about a man how leaves his lives behind to live in the wild. He experiences the most beautiful things living off the grid and being in nature, but ultimately realizes that he can't fully realize the beauty of it while not sharing it with someone else. He eventually dies of exposure. This was a great book and was hauntingly more sad knowing it was a true story."