This solution is ranked
in What are the best books about warRead user opinions
in What are the best books set on a mountainRead user opinions
in What are the best non fiction adventure booksRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction audio booksRead user opinions
in What are the best extreme adventure books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best historical non-fiction books for boysRead user opinions
in What are the best books by Jon KrakauerRead user opinions
in What are the best True survival storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best Tibet related booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books recommended by the ALA Think TankRead user opinions
in What are the best non-fiction books for college-bound readersRead user opinions
in What are the best biography books for high school readersRead user opinions
in What are the best books about natureRead user opinions
in What are the best snow or iced themed booksRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read non-fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs that are better than fictionRead user opinions
in What are the best memoirs, biographies, and autobiographiesRead user opinions
in What are the best novels from Oregon writersRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read biographies and memoirsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about the great outdoorsRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction books according to The New York TimesRead user opinions
in What are the best nonfiction booksRead user opinions
What the community says about Into Thin Air
- "I was really into war novels for a while and wanted one of the best books about war. I was told about Into Thin Air by Krakaur and it's not really about a war, but a weather event. I was really confused when I got it recommended to me, but it was an okay book."
- "Finding books about or set on a mountain are abundant I'm sure. This book however, embeds you right into the story. You feel yourself on that mountain facing the same terrifying challenges as Jon Krakauer. This is the closest I'm going to get to experiencing climbing a mountain of this magnitude and after reading this book, that's more than enough for me."
- "This book is an incredible read. Jon has a knack for storytelling. Even though you know Jon survived the ordeal , it's hard to put the book down, because you are constantly wondering what happens next. Also given that most of us will never go to Mt. Everest, the setting alone makes you want to know more about what it's like surviving on mountain that tall. "
- "I first heard about this account from a friend who told me the story as if he was there because he had read the book. He described how 8 climbers died from a climbing expedition at Mt. Everest that should not have been. The story was intriguing that I have been dying to read it. I believe it is one of Jon Krakauer’s best so far. Although I have not read it yet, I think from the reviews I have read and the account given to me, it is surely going to give the reader value for every page opened. "
- "What a moving piece of non-fiction. This story of Everest and the struggle of these fearless adventurers is breath-taking and gut-wrenching. Im glad I read it from the comfort of my home. Im a bit of a armchair adventurer myself. Check out this amazing book about Everest. It wont have you feeling like climbing it any time soon-and that may be a good thing!"
- "Into Thin Air is a gripping story of determination that almost borders on insanity. Knowing that the people, conditions and events were real made it all the more suspenseful turning each page. There is something about delving into a true story that fiction just can't duplicate and Krakauer delivered it in abundance."
- "A passion for the climb and the ultimate rise up Mt. Everest. The journey promises a fulfilled achievement, but guarantees no success. The air lacks sufficient oxygen and the winds create a powerful force, bringing closure to some who aspire enter there. Experience one man's dream as well as his nightmare on board the mountain that gave Krakauer both. "
- "I was working 8am to 7pm shifts for the past few years and I wanted to make sure I spend time in the evening with my wife who stays at home with my four kids. I was looking for something exciting and special to share with my wife to show my appreciation for all of her hard work and dedication to the family. From my young adulthood, I rediscovered this amazing chronicle of one the saddest mountain climbing disasters every recorded, called "Into Thin Air" by Jon Krakauer. My wife is an aspiring biographer herself, so she is learning a lot of writing techniques by reading this extraordinary tale about surviving a mountain avalanche disasters in the Himalayas. My wife is obsessed with reading this tragedy because of the adrenaline rush it gives her! Thank you!"
- "A thoroughly gripping story of mountain climbers who faced disaster in their climb. The story is powerful as the storm that pummels them and leads to their demise. Suspenseful and harrowing throughout."
- #23 of 568
in What are the best nonfiction books