This solution is ranked
in What are the best romance novels for young adultsRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFP personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best clean romance novels set in the Regency eraRead user opinions
in What are the best books for people with INFJ personalitiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that are out of copyrightRead user opinions
in What are the best books about orphansRead user opinions
in What are the best novels set in Victorian timesRead user opinions
in What are the best 19th century novels by British and Irish authorsRead user opinions
in What are the best clean romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books with interesting storylinesRead user opinions
in What are the best reads on a rainy dayRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best public domain booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books by the Bronte siblingsRead user opinions
in What are the best romance booksRead user opinions
in What are the best books in the Penguin English LibraryRead user opinions
in What are the best women's fiction booksRead user opinions
in What are the best British and Irish literary worksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with a Cinderella themeRead user opinions
in What are the best stand-alone booksRead user opinions
in What are the best romance books with a millionaire or wealthy manRead user opinions
in What are the best recommended readings during winterRead user opinions
in What are the best books by womenRead user opinions
in What are the best novels about adoptionRead user opinions
in What are the best books mentioned in Gilmore Girls seriesRead user opinions
in What are the best romance novels with strong and smart heroinesRead user opinions
in What are the best classic booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Penguin classic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read novels according to The GuardianRead user opinions
in What are the best novels with dark love storiesRead user opinions
in What are the best books that smart people should readRead user opinions
in What are the best must-read awesome books of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best bildungsroman booksRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for iPadRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 19th centuryRead user opinions
in What are the best books of the 1800sRead user opinions
in What are the best books ever writtenRead user opinions
in What are the best Stepping Stones classic books for youngstersRead user opinions
in What are the best books to feel less lonelyRead user opinions
in What are the best worth-reading thick booksRead user opinions
in What are the best audiobooks from LibriVoxRead user opinions
in What are the best feminist booksRead user opinions
in What are the best clean romance novels set from Georgian to Edwardian eraRead user opinions
in What are the best books to read to sound interesting and smartRead user opinions
in What are the best Books to read before collegeRead user opinions
in What are the best books with contemporary May-December romanceRead user opinions
in What are the best books assigned for schoolRead user opinions
in What are the best free books for iPhoneRead user opinions
in What are the best oxford classic novelsRead user opinions
in What are the best books about star-crossed loversRead user opinions
in What are the best love stories of all timeRead user opinions
in What are the best gaslamp fantasy booksRead user opinions
in What are the best Valentine's Day ideas for him and for herRead user opinions
in What are the best Cheap Gift Ideas for GirlsRead user opinions
What the community says about Jane Eyre
- "Jane Eyre /ɛər/ (originally published as Jane Eyre: An Autobiography) is a novel by English writer Charlotte Brontë. It was published on 16 October 1847, by Smith, Elder & Co. of London, England, under the pen name "Currer Bell". The first American edition was published the following year by Harper & Brothers of New York"
- "Jane Eyre is a must read story from this historical period. Charlotte Bronte was a pioneer in making female characters and really exploring their inner workings and feelings. The slow development of this romance and the titular character is a joy to read. "
There are no comments yet!
- "Jane Eyre is a classic novel set in the Victorian period. The eponymous title character is what makes this book so great. You get to see her grow up as an adult and in a lot of ways this book was very much ahead of its time. It is certainly a timeless piece of literature and should be read by anyone willing."
- "The solution is in fact a book, but the response doesn't give a reason why it would be a good rainy day read. It just sounds like a response to "best books to read". I personally enjoy fantasy books on rainy days, or dark and mysterious books. I feel the solution needs to more focus on the "rainy day" part of the topic. "
- "I love to read romance novels in my spare time. I found a wonderful book called Jane Eyre, by Charlotte Bronte. It's the story of a girl who suffers greatly in society for many reasons. It follows her through the book and her romance. The romance is amazing and beautifully done. My heart flutters when I read it. It really is amazing and I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves romance novels. It's not trashy at all and is very well done."
- "Jane Eyre is a timeless classic that many hold dear to their hearts. This book can teach people a lot about themselves and life. The book is extremely valuable to the point that schools all over America have made it a must read in high school. It is impossible to be left unsatisfied with this book."
- #2 of 129
in What are the best romance books"I have say to that, even as a guy, I love this book. There is a reason that this book is considered a classic. The story flows easily and the characters are vivid and larger than life. Reading Jane Eyre is like being there for every high and every low with the characters.""I was swept up in the gothic drama and the searing characters. This is a novel that stands the test of time and will continue to be rediscovered by new generations. Worth it."
- "Jane Eyre is one of the most renowned classics in the world, and for good reason. A touching story with beautiful prose, it really holds up well, especially with its themes relating to women. This is simply an absolute must-read."
- "This sounds similar to the American version of Cinderella. Everyone knows and loves that story so in comparison about it being a good book, I would have to agree. I don't know if it would be the best book but it's definitely one to read.""Jane Eyre is a classic that's been enjoyed for over 150 years. If you are putting off reading it, why wait? And those who have read it usually do so more than once. Classics are classics for a reason."
- "This story of an orphaned young woman will pull anyone with a sense of empathy in and you wont be able to put the book down. It was really moving, without giving anything away I can't really say anymore. Read this soon, I promise you won't be disappointed."
- "Such a classic victorian novel. Well, as I expected, it has everything that was relevant during the period but unlike other novels set in the victorian era, it has all the elements in one story. It also has a touch of gothic elements, the bizarre doppelganger, and the likes. Jane's journey I must say is very wrenching and emotional. Please, read this. One of the best book ever written by women."
- "I bought this book because somehow we don't have a copy of this great classic, and I thought,"Why should I go to the library, when I can just buy it and have it whenever I have the time for it?" I was expecting the full book, with nice formatting, and a cool picture. This book is actually abridged, which I did not see advertised. I thought that the fuzzy picture on the front was just the computer, but on the real book, it is actually very obviously fuzzy. Also, you can tell that the book isn't right because the English on the back, as you can see in the picture, is not good. I regret that I didn't look too closely at the back, because now I have to return it. However, not only is it abridged, it has a lot of typos, and incorrect formatting. For example, I was reading through it, and was confused because they don't start a new line for a new person talking, and it looked as if the same person continued to talk. Which made the whole next paragraph confusing. This is just a small sample."
- "Jane Eyre is a classic book. It contains a lot of good information about how society should behave and function. it is a literarly classic that will keep you engaged. Can be harder to read at times but worth making it through."
- "This year I've been trying to read more books than I usually do. What this has led me to notice, is that so many books have a male hero that is always saving a damsel in distress. But not this Book! Jane Eyre tells the story of Jane Eyre as she grows from a young girl to an adult. This book published in the 1840s, was ahead of its time as it leads readers to question themselves with thoughts on classism, sexuality, religion, and feminism."
- #4 of 129
in What are the best classic books"Jane Eyre is widely considered a classic, and, though parts of it might seem odd to the modern reader for various reasons, it generally does live up to this reputation. It is sort of bleak or depressing at times, but it accurately reflects the experiences of the author and of the day and age rather well, unfortunately. Though I would recommend this book, I'm not sure how I feel about this particular edition of it - some found it to be sub-optimal for various reasons. You might prefer a different one if you need a larger print size.""In my opinion, I feel the book was a real sad story of a girls life where people were real cruel to her. Actually it was very depressing to read how she decides she continues this type of cruelty to her by going to a harsh employer. I wonder why in the story she continues on the same path instead of changing in the end."
- "No library is complete without a copy of this classic. I probably did read this, or was assigned to read it in high school but I was mostly absent in high school so I am revisiting the classics now in my 30s. I couldn't put down this gripping story and read it over the course of a couple of days. We can all related to Jane Eyre in some form or another and I recommend that everyone reads this book at some point in their lifetime."
- "This is actually a very interesting story that I think anyone should read. This woman goes through an incredibly amount of punishment at the hands of the people she is left with and then is later having to deal with a really harsh employer. Eventually she ends up falling in love with him and this is interesting because of all the things she has had to deal with. Definitely a must read."
- "This book is a classic and is a must to read for anyone who wants to broaden and expend their knowledge of literature and stimulate their thinking. It shows a rich dynamics of human relationships, psychology, romance, and life drama. It's a brilliant literary master piece that will definitely challenge and stimulate one's brain and emotional world!"
- "A great book. This was my first time reading it in several years and I was instantly taken back into the world created by Charlotte Bronte. I would highly recommend the book to anyone looking for a good and classic read!"
- "Very affordable edition of Jane Eyre, which is a great classic book for young readers. I would recommend it for any young kid who likes to read. It is written in a simple, readable style, unlike some classic books."
- "For many readers, this story has been a popular and most rewarding experience. This classic book provides an entertaining journey for those needing this fantasy within their life. Now this story has evolved with Kindle to provide a new alternative to this form of story telling. This should be a welcome offering for those that enjoy this format."
- "I know this is a classic book but I just could never get into it. I couldn't get into it when I was younger. Maybe now that I'm older I will give it a second chance.""This is a classic book about a woman coming of age and defying conventions. It has lots of life lessons that we should all learn about."
- "Jane Eyre is a story of a girl who was born without fortune. Her parents died at a very young age and she was taken into the home of her uncle. After his death, her life gets really tough living with her aunt and cousins (who don't really care for her). This book is about how she made the best of what she is given in life and how she matures and grows. It's a story of love and strength"
- "Jane Eyre is a classic, whether for the iphone, Kindle, any other reading app, or as an actual hold it in your hands and turn the page paper book! Jane Eyre is a must read for everyone, and the intrigue and dark romance are timeless. The iphone has many features that let you add more to the reading experience, such as adding notes, thoughts, bookmarking pages that you want to turn to, and highlighting various sections and even just words. If you are studying Jane Eyre for school, the iphone is especially handy for keeping all of your thoughts about the book in one place."
- "Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre is one of my favorite novels of all times. I read it in high school and have read it about five times since then. I love Bronte’s use of the English language. Her style is a little challenging at times, but I enjoy a challenge. My favorite element of the story is the relationship between Jane and Mr. Rochester. This is definitely my favorite classic!"
- "This book is okay. I had to read it in high school and do a report on it. It has some good parts but a lot of long boring parts also. The characters are kind of selfish and their love for each other seems mostly selfish. It is hard to find an admirable character in this, as most are dishonest or jealous and cruel. Emily Bronte is a good writer but this is a hard read, in my opinion."
- "If you're girlfriend or wife likes reading, Jane Eyre might be a suitable gift for them. Doesn't seem like a great Valentine's Day gift but I guess it's not a terrible one either. It's a great book. Probably only appeals to men who read a lot of classic literature."
- "For a cheap gift idea for a girl, I would recommend Jane Eyre, the novel by Charlotte BrontÃ. It's a classic romance novel, if a girl likes that sort of book. It's really good and since it's public domain it's really cheap.""Jane Eyre is a classic of American literature. For those who love to read or want to do more reading in the spare time, you can't really go wrong here."